- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"a very nice hotel,well run with excellent service and food...."
"Lovely room. Shame about the rest. We were in room 9 which was obviously above the kitchen as there was a constant smell,of food so could n..."
"Great location, great food, great staff & at times available at very competitive rates - whats not to like....."
"Great stay in this olde world building that has been updated very sympathetically. Room was excellent (as long as you can manage several fli..."
"From check in to check out this hotel ticked all the boxes and more...."
About the hotel
Dartmouth with its cobbled streets, intriguing shops and world famous restaurants and bars make for a magical stay any time of the year. The award winning 17th Century Royal Castle Hotel in Dartmouth is privately owned and perfectly located in the very heart of Dartmouth overlooking the harbour and romantic River Dart. We provide a fantastic base from which to experience this amazing part of South Devon.
Each of our twenty four unique bedrooms possesses those finishing touches that we hope will make your stay a very memorable one. All our bedrooms have en suite bathroom or shower, telephone, tea and coffee making facilities along with flat screen television and radio. Please note however that all bedrooms start on the second floor and unfortunately we do not have a lift. All the rooms are non-smoking. The Royal Castle Hotel has a river view, stylish and relaxed "Grill Room" restaurant with delicious food made from the best and freshest local produce. We offer two bars: our contemporary Harbour bar and our more traditional Galleon bar. Both have real open log fires burning in the winter.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Babysitting services, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Massage, Games Console, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking, Park and Ride
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
a very nice hotel,well run with excellent service and food.
Royal Castle Hotel
Shame about the rest.
We were in room 9 which was obviously above the kitchen as there was a constant smell,of food so could not have our window open. Also a constant generator noise??. There was also confusion about parking. The same gentleman told us conflicting times as to when we could leave our car out the front of the hotel and we got a parking fine. The only nice thing about our visit was the nice gentleman who let us back into the hotel after midnight.