- Very Good
- 4 guest reviews
"Great stay, the room was just right with plenty of space, warm and comfy. The food was good quality and severed well, the bar well stock if..."
"A pleasant room, with a lovely view and an excellent breakfast...."
"Hotel in Lovely setting . Slightly dated but what was expected. Breakfast experience disappointing. Strangers told to sit together on large..."
"We stayed for just the one night. The room was lovely with a separate area for the twin beds and a beautiful view from the window. We did no..."
About the hotel
Set in extensive wooded grounds in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Longmynd country house enjoys an elevated location above the attractive Shropshire town of Church Stretton. Many of the public rooms and bedrooms make full use of the outstanding views. There are 50 bedrooms plus 8 brick-built lodges in the grounds.
Facilities include a heated outdoor swimming pool, open in summer, and extensive public lounges, dining room and bar. The surrounding area offers a wealth of places of interest and the Longmynd makes a great base. The World Heritage Site of Ironbridge Gorge, with its many museums, is nearby. Also worth a visit is the historic castle town of Ludlow, which has recently acquired an additional reputation as a gastronomic centre. Steam railway enthusiasts will enjoy the Severn Valley Railway. For walkers, the Shropshire Hills offer a wide range of routes from gentle strolls to more strenuous options including the iconic Long Mynd, immediately behind the country house.
- Disabled Facilities, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Limited room service for hot food, Interconnecting rooms available, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- Outdoor Pool
- Disabled Access Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:30 00:00
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Great stay - two relaxing nights
Great stay, the room was just right with plenty of space, warm and comfy.
The food was good quality and severed well, the bar well stock if...
Good food and comfortable accommodation
A pleasant room, with a lovely view and an excellent breakfast....