- Very Good
- 35 guest reviews
"This is an amazingly old place with bags of character. The food was good solid fare and the bar was lively (it was karaoke night). We stayed..."
"Lovely olde world hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, very good food at competitive prices. hotel conveniently located nice comfortable..."
"This hotel is fab! Feels really old and historic, complete with beams, bulging walls and sloping floors! The young man on reception (not Ale..."
"Really enjoyed stay. Good food quiet...."
"Room 220 was newly refurbished, at the back and so very quiet. Beautifully furnished and decorated with a very comfortable bed. Just a few m..."
About the hotel
The New Inn Hotel is situated in the heart of Gloucester and dates back to the 14th-century, it is considered to be the finest medieval galleried inn in Britain and has been beautifully restored and refurbished. There are 33 ensuite rooms featuring exposed beams & original features, TV and tea and coffee making facilities. The Grill Restaurant serves a carvery and British menu in charming surroundings.
There are 4 bars, including the award-winning Real Ale Bar, offering up to 12 cask ales. There is also a coffee shop serving homemade cakes and speciality teas. This historical building was used by pilgrims visiting Gloucester Cathedral, which is just 300 metres away. East Gate Shopping Centre is just 2 minutes’ walk away, and Gloucester Railway Station is a 5-minute walk. Cheltenham is less than 10 miles away and Cotswold villages surround the area.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 21:00
- Up to 10 years old
- 15/06/2014 to 29/01/2021 - Please note that last check in is 9PM - unless pre-arranged Live loud music Fri & Sat until midnight. nightclub open -2am Park at BRUTON WAY car park - opposite railway station The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Not For The Tall
This is an amazingly old place with bags of character.
The food was good solid fare and the bar was lively (it was karaoke night). We stayed in room 207 which, even though it needed a refurb, was clean although the bed was very uncomfortable. In a building this old don't expect even floors and walls - this is all part of its charm. However if you are a tall person, my husband is 6' 4", it may be worth checking the ceiling height of your room as there was no part in which he could stand straight. That said, staff were friendly and we enjoyed our stay.
Lovely olde world hotel, very friendly and helpful staff, very good food at competitive prices.
hotel conveniently located nice comfortable rooms. Good varied selection of food and drink. Only slight drawback is there is no on site parking but there is a car park only a short walk away.