- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Wouldn't stay again because there is no lift and we found 40 steps to our room just too much...."
"Really nice hotel. Clean and comfortable good sized rooms in ideal location just 300m walk to centre of Bedford...."
"I stayed at the best room of the Pub Hotel (room 201), which had a beautiful overview of the Great Ouse river. The room was spacious, tastil..."
"Very helpful staff in an excellent location. Good food as expected. Lovely breakfast outside in the sunshine...."
"Recommend that you explain to Senior Citizens before booking - "No Lift to Floors - No Walk-in Shower - Narrow stairs to Room"..."
About the hotel
Today the Embankment offers all the modern visitor could want. All bedrooms en suite. All rooms with telephone and television with Sky.
Wi-fi available for free through out the hotel and bar. The Embankment stands in a picturesque location on the banks of the River Ouse, in the midst of Bedford's beautiful riverside setting overlooking tranquil gardens and the Victorian suspension bridge. However it is only a few minutes walk along the promenade to the busy town and shopping centre. Higgins and Sons of the Castle Brewery founded the Hotel in 1891. The Brewery was set on the side of the old Bedford Castle, which was destroyed hundreds of years before. Today, the Old Brewery building is part of the Bedford Museum complex. It is just a short stroll from the Hotel for visitors wanting to see the museum and the award winning Cecil Higgins Art Gallery alongside. The Beautiful and convenient location of The Embankment is just part of the appeal. It is complemented by a warm welcome, friendly pub and a wide choice of meals in the restaurant and pub.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- 14:00 23:00
- Up to 10 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
Wouldn't stay again because there is no lift and we found 40 steps to our room just too much....
Room overall was ok nothing special, but felt very basic.
One window facing brick wall. Damage to bathroom door- would not stay open. Room décor was poor, was expecting more, would have been nice to have seen some design features in the room i.e nice wallpaper/ lighting/carpet especially seeing how downstairs is so nice. No iron in the room. Bathroom floor and tiles were dirty - could benefit from a steam clean. On the upside bed was very comfy and when I mentioned issues to the manager he was very apologetic and gave me a discount on the room. Overall though - disappointing.