- 29 guest reviews
"Booked a small compact room that said had no window, arrived and checked in and the room was more than expected, bed was a bit uncomfortable..."
"Excellent quite surroundings. Enjoyed my stay on various occasions..."
"We managed to get a late booking for Friday night, prior to a family event in the area – our room was excellent value – but I wouldn’t want..."
"Excellent value hotel for one night. Stayed here for a conference; excellent value, spotlessly clean room - in fact it looked like I was sta..."
"Excellent hotel, will stay again, the receptionist was miserable..."
About the hotel
This country hotel is surrounded by mature woodland, close to the A30 and just 5 minutes from the M3, which makes this hotel a popular choice for both business and leisure guests. Ample complimentary car parking is available on site. Wi-Fi is complimentary in public areas and chargeable* in guest rooms.
*Two free sessions of 20 minutes followed by cost of £7. 00 per 24 hours. The extensive BodySense Leisure Club is complimentary for hotel residents and includes a heated indoor swimming pool, steam room, sauna, jacuzzi and fitness suite. The BodySensual beauty spa offers a range of treatments including massages and holistic treatments. Scures Brasserie is open daily for breakfast and dinner, offering an extensive grill menu. Alternatively room service is available 24hours.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 08/09/2015 to 31/12/2020 - Hotel will charge a £2 admin fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. Swimming pool closed from 28th Feb - 3 weeks The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
59% would recommend it to a friend
Basingstoke Country Hotel & Spa
Booked a small compact room that said had no window, arrived and checked in and the room was more than expected, bed was a bit uncomfortable, could do with a new mattresses or mattress topper.
Checked out early Saturday morning, shower could of done with being a little bit more pressured. Apart from that we would stay here again.
Avoid at all costs
This was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot.
Check in was slow due a the machine that coded the room keys. Staff were apologetic throughout the stay but obviously aware of most of the issues. The décor is dated and a lot of maintenance is needed. My windows didn't close properly. There were broken window latches in the corridors and restaurant too. The carpet looked new put the furniture had peeling varnish and looked ancient. The mattress was okay but the pillows were terrible with no give. The shower pressure was too low and the temperature kept changing. There were no toiletries apart from a bar of soap. A kettle and tea bags were provided but no source of water. The mismatched bathroom taps were labelled 'not drinking water'. Wifi is free for 20 minutes and then asks you to buy a voucher. The restaurant has the atmosphere of a senior citizens home about to shut due to budget cuts. Coffee and tea at breakfast were tepid and undrinkable. The food was okay but the presentation really unappealing. Waiting staff at dinner were inexperienced and unattentive. The fish was overcooked. The starter was a slice of pate that looked like it came straight from a supermarket packet. On the second evening I asked for room service and told that it was 'too busy'. When I tried to order food in the bar the bar man was honest enough to recommend that I walk down the road to a much better pub. The staff seemed to be very much aware of the hotel's failings and doing their best to work around them. This place markets itself as a country house retreat and spa and can bot even uphold the standards of the most basic bed an breakfast.