- 272 guest reviews
"Great location as it is in the heart of City Centre. Hotel is pretty and nicely designed...notoriously known for that beautiful chandelier...."
"Once upon a time there was a majestic hotel... By now it is all bit dated really, the room was very small, the bathroom could do with a make..."
"Ideal location but room was noisy and even though the bedding was clean everything smelt of stale cigarette smoke, temperature dial on the s..."
"It's very grand in the lobby but the room was tired and the window only opened with a fair bit of force. (the safety catch was broken too) T..."
"Good value for your money good service friendly staff comfortable room happy hour 3 till 8 in the lounge bar will be staying again..."
About the hotel
Dating back to 1858 this City Centre grade II listed building is situated in the heart of City centre Manchester within a 5 minute walk of all mainline stations. All 363 bedrooms have recently been tastefully decorated and all furnished with TV, Hairdryer, Trouser Press and Tea & Coffee making facilities. There are some rooms that do not have a window but most of these have skylights, ideal for the budget conscious! The hotel also boasts two great restaurants that include Jenny’s Restaurant, with its excellent value for money 3-course Carvery Lunch and Dinner and The Overstuffed Pizzeria, with a varied selection of Italian Dishes and lighter meals in bright surroundings.
The Britannia Hotel Manchester also offers four bars, Cromptons being the residents bar, Jenny's serving the restaurant, the vibrant Waves Bar (open till late for residents and non-residents) and Bar Rogue, a popular Nightclub in the city centre. There are nine first-class Conference rooms available for any occasion and cater for up to 200 people. ‘LIMITED FREE WI-FI’ is free to all guests and is available throughout the building. Our multi-national reception staff would like to welcome you to our hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Smoking allowed in bedrooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 8 years old
- 20/06/2013 to 31/12/2019 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
60% would recommend it to a friend
Decent if you are staying to sleep !
Great location as it is in the heart of City Centre.
Hotel is pretty and nicely designed...notoriously known for that beautiful chandelier. However rooms themselves lack a lot from broken appliances to faulty windows. Tiny television and limited lightning. If you're wanting to find a bed to sleep in for be night then I recommend the hotel but if you're looking for a richer hotel experience then I don't recommend at all. I gues you get what you pay for .
Britannia Hotel, City Centre Manchester
Worst hotel ever; hairs in shower from previous stayers, broken kettle, no tea or coffee, or shower soap.
Only 1 towel. Wardrobe door broken and would not open. Empty box of hotel tissues in bathroom on sink. When complained to staff all I got was a quick sorry and they would fix it immediately then while we were out they put a half used mini shower gel in the room!