- 6 guest reviews
"Lovely place situated in a much convenient location just 6 minutes from Gloucester city centre but still in the tranquil idyllic countryside..."
"The room has good quality extras with a cafetiere, chocolate duster for hot chocolate and plenty of milk. It also had emergeny toothbrush an..."
"Nice quiet area, comfortable accommodation. Would recommend installing a lock on the inside of the door as my partner was a bit uncomfortabl..."
About the hotel
The Wharf House is an award-winning Waterside Restaurant with Rooms and is amongst Gloucestershire's most popular. The Wharf House opened in 2004 and is a unique business in Gloucester; it is owned and run by the Herefordshire and Gloucestershire Canal Trust, with all profits used for the promotion and restoration of the Hereford and Gloucester Canal. Staying at The Wharf House allows you to be treated to our 4 Gold star AA rated luxury guest accommodation which offers all guests with tea and coffee-making facilities, a wide screen TV, private ensuite facilities, mini bar, walk in Wi-Fi, on site parking and a lockable safe.
The Wharf House is conveniently located near the junction of the A40/A417 and enjoys convenient links to Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean and Cotswolds; making it the perfect launch pad from which to enjoy vibrant local tourism attractions.
- Disabled Facilities, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant, Breakfast to go
- Disabled Access Public Areas
- Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 21:00
- Up to 1 years old
- 08/07/2013 to 28/07/2018 - Please note - Restaurant will be closed Sunday and Monday nights. Check in on these nights is prior to 5pm. Later checkin may be available at an additional charge arranged directly. Many Thanks The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
Very Disappointed Poor Quality All around
Booked one night here whilst travelling through Gloucester, I specifically requested a double room that was confirmed on my booking.
upon arriving was given the Withington Suite, which was a twin bed room. Went back to reception area to complain, initially nobody there to complain too and then when I found someone she said well we can't guarantee that, and all other rooms are now booked up.
The room was small and above the kitchen of the restaurant so all I heard until late into the evening was plates crashing, banging of chopping boards and cupboards slamming, would have been quieter if I slept on the central reservation of the M5.
The window had two fasteners of which one was broken leaving a slight gap allowing all the noise from the A40 to keep me awake. The coffee table was stained with marks and the shower also had a broken handle.
Breakfast was also a disappointment, mushrooms undercooked as well as the potatoes.
I paid £85 fpr this room for one night, personally I would not have paid more than £25.
Made to feel very welcome!
Lovely place situated in a much convenient location just 6 minutes from Gloucester city centre but still in the tranquil idyllic countryside...