- 15 guest reviews
"Air con pointing down at one bed made it too cold for one bed and didn't really affect the other. Also the shower was slightly confusing, 3..."
"Our room was very small, the en-suite was tiny, very odd shape like a triangle, everything was shoe horned in. Have stayed several times & a..."
"Good value for money , breakfast really good and served in lovely surroundings Only issue was car park was full during stay ...."
"Hotel was exactly what we hoped for, perfect from walking into reception to being shown to our room, would definitely recommend..."
About the hotel
A luxurious, privately owned hotel situated in it's own grounds in York city centre. The Churchill Hotel is a superbly converted Georgian residence retaining many of it's original features and characteristics yet we have been sympathetically extended and lavishly refurbished to provide the comforts and facilities demanded by the discerning traveller. We offer our guests extremely comfortable, stylish bedrooms, all of which have modern en-suite facilities.
Our Piano Bar and restaurant combine the historic with the contemporary and are relaxing areas in which to enjoy a pre dinner drink then a superb meal from our locally sourced menu. At the heart of the building is the atrium with it's stunning, original, cantilever staircase, and equally amazing bookcase. Here you can put your feet up with a good book or keep in touch on the hidden computers provided for your use. We also provide disabled access, facilities & a suitably equipped bedroom. We have lift access to 24 of our 32 bedrooms. You can make use of complementary Wifi access. All bedrooms are no smoking. There is car parking on site at a cost of £10. 00 per car per night.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- 03/02/2010 to 31/12/2025 - Please note that this hotel will not accept group bookings except by prior arrangement. Bookings from hen, stag or similar parties will be rejected.. Onsite car parking is charged at £10 per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
53% would recommend it to a friend
The Churchill Hotel
Room very small Plus £10 a night for parking Not what I would call value for money
Room was booked as a surprise for my partner.
The room (112) was very small for a standard room and looked over the car park on the ground floor. Before 7AM we were woken by trolleys being pushed into the wall outside our bedroom window presumably by housekeeping/catering staff. Not a restful stay nor the 'luxury' experience promised.