- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"We have stayed here before, largely because if you want to stay in Masham you have very limited options. This, I feel, is reflected in the p..."
"Such a friendly place, lovely old hotel in a charming town. Places to go in walking distance and lots to see in 20 miles driving distance. A..."
"We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the King's Head. It is a beautiful village close to lovely scenic places to visit (we visited Middleham, A..."
"A decent hotel. Good room. Friendly staff. Food was ok. Beer was good. Nice location. A good hotel overall. But not excellent..."
"Nice with character in a lovely, interesting town...."
About the hotel
A fine18th century Georgian inn in the Lower Wensleydale market town of Masham, The King’s Head Hotel dominates the historic market square with its Yorkshire stone exterior and distinctive carriageway arch. Close to the A1 and less than 20 miles from Harrogate, The King’s Head is a perfect Yorkshire Dales base for business meetings or a last minute short break. The hotel has ample public parking and a fully equipped meeting and function room.
With old beams and original windows, the hotel has 27 en-suite bedrooms including family, twin and executive rooms with Jacuzzi baths. All rooms have flat-screen digital TV, unlimited free Wi-Fi for guests and tea and coffee making facilities. There is ample public parking and a Chef & Brewer pub restaurant on site serving Masham’s famous local brewery ales. The hotel is just off the A6108, around 15 minutes from the A1 motorway. Lightwater Valley, breathtaking Fountains Abbey and the lovely market towns of Thirsk and Ripon are all within easy reach.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Smoking allowed in public areas, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Ground floor bedrooms
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
A bit pricey, lovely location, shame about the shower.
We have stayed here before, largely because if you want to stay in Masham you have very limited options.
This, I feel, is reflected in the price of the rooms.
We were happy enough with the room, but then discovered that the shower didn't work. Upon complaining we were told that this was a known fault. I have very long hair and definitely wouldn't have accepted the room had this been made clear. They were very good about it and knocked 20 pounds off the bill - making it a much more reasonably priced stay (although I did spend all Sunday feel rather concious about my hair!).
Such a friendly place, lovely old hotel in a charming town.
Places to go in walking distance and lots to see in 20 miles driving distance. All the staff were delightful and helped make our stay such a pleasure.