- Very Good
- 133 guest reviews
"very nice overnight stay..."
"I was first blown away by the entrance and stairway that comes with this hotel. The staff at the reception were friendly but didn't feel the..."
"Lovely place right opposite the castle. Friendly staff. Evening meal choice limited for veggies but super nevertheless. Breakfast very good,..."
"I enjoyed my stay on the whole and it is a nice hotel. One thing though, the internet connection is very unrealiable...."
"Had a very nice time away staying at the hotel. Did the booking to include breakfast and on arrival they said we had a dinner booking too. C..."
About the hotel
The Angel Hotel is Nestled between Cardiff Castle and the Millennium Stadium, the Angel Hotel is perfectly placed for exploring this vibrant city. Steeped in history, the hotel dates back to 1883 and is the most famous in Cardiff. Some of the world's greatest stars have walked down the hotel's magnificent staircase, including Marlene Dietrich, The Beatles and Gregory Peck.
Recent investment has restored the building to its former Victorian splendour and it now benefits from air-conditioning in all bedrooms and secure car parking. Parking is on a first come first served basis and charged at £10 per car per day
Showing Wednesday 3 June 2015 to Thursday 4 June 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Worst hotel I've been to!
What a terrible experience.
Arrived at 12ish, popped in to the hotel to tell the receptionist we had left the car in the car park as we we were in a rush to make a wedding. We advised we would be back later in the afternoon to check in, the lady was quite helpful and had me sign the forms so when we came back later check in would simply mean picking up the key for the room.
We headed off to the wedding and went back to The Angel about 6-7pm. Receptionist gave me the card and we went up to the room.
Upon opening the door I was greeted with a bed that looked as though someone had just woken up and thrown the covers off them, dirty coffee cups lying about, tissues, a full bin. I went straight back to reception to advise how disgusted I was. Bearing in mind check in was from 3pm, they had all day to ensure the room was clean for our arrival.
The receptionist kindly put us in a new room, which was equally as awful. Okay, I don't think anyone had slept in there but what an awful room. Room 310, marks all over the walls, stained carpets, paint flaking off the walls and bath panel in the bathroom, discoloured tiles and seals. I was honestly horrified, I felt as though we were staying in a hostel and certainly not a known hotel.
There was a card on the table in the room saying 'Welcome Jason, we hope you have a lovely stay at The Angel' who Jason is, I will never know. I felt so uncomfortable expecting some man to walk in to our room through the night!.
When checking out I was told if I chose to stay there again they 'may' offer me an upgrade but would not offer any good will gesture or money off this stay. Very rude lady on reception Sunday morning. I paid £97.50 for rubbish, absolute rubbish. I would never stay here again.
Maybe focus on refurbishing half of the hotel and close the other half off. This has left such a bad taste in my mouth and I would definitely advise people not to stay here!