- 140 guest reviews
"Great clean room great customer service easy access more availble car parks if main car park full x..."
"Been to the big sleep before, but this time we faced the railway tracks, so being on the 3rd floor, the trains were audible. Room is clean a..."
"Just a short walk from the central station. Entrance is slightly odd as you have to use an intercom to get the receptionist to let you in. T..."
"Very basic. could do with a deep clean but ok for 1 night...."
"The Room was clean which is the main thing I hoped for. It's basic, but what do you expect of a budget hotel. The hotel staff were very kind..."
About the hotel
The 3 star Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff managed by Compass Hospitality opened its doors in Cardiff in 1999 to a deluge of publicity and. The Big Sleep Hotel was credited as "The UK's first design hotel for budget travelers - Travelodge prices, but with more sex-appeal" by the UK's foremost hospitality publication The Travel Trade Gazette.
Our hotel ideally located in Cardiff city centre opposite the Motorpoint Arena (formally Cardiff International Arena) and the new St David's shopping arcade.
We are within walking distance of the Cafe Quarter, local tourist attractions and businesses.
The hotel offers 81 bedrooms come with flat screen TVs, Broadband access, Wifi, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities and include a complimentary continental buffet breakfast. We also have disabled access rooms available as well as the car parking is available on a first come, first parked basis and is chargeable.
The property appeals to business, leisure and family travelers for those who don't want to spend a fortune but do need somewhere to stay that's different and delivers big value at small prices.
Showing Saturday 6 February 2016 to Sunday 7 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 19/06/2012 to 01/01/2024 - Please note that parking is available on site for £8 per overnight stay. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
63% would recommend it to a friend
Great value for money great location for cia arena
Great clean room great customer service easy access more availble car parks if main car park full x
Been to the big sleep before, but this time we faced the railway tracks, so being on the 3rd floor, the trains were audible.
Room is clean and tidy, however the cleaners left the heaters on so it was stifiling. No ability to open windows so the door to the corridor had to be left open. The room has all the basic requirements, wife borrowed a hairdryer from reception. Plenty of hot water. I would say the only thing I noticed was that the walls are a little thin, so we were able to hear a group of girls next door getting ready for their night out on the town. But bizarrely our headboard rocked when someone opened / closed the corridoor doors. The walls are really that thin!.
For £90 for 2 adults, I would say it's a tad on the high side as the room is more a £70 in my opinion, however it's still cheaper than other hotels in the area