- 2 guest reviews
"On arrival - the exterior looked quite impressive. Check in was fine. When arrived at room - the room card was not activated - minor inconve..."
"Firstly, I'd like to say how fantastic every member of staff was at all times - they could not do enough for you. However, I was slightly di..."
About the hotel
Recently renovated, the Hotel Ellington****, Nice is located in the city center, few minutes walking from the sea, the shopping area, the old town and the congress center Acropolis. Inspired by the famous artist Duke Ellington, the hotel is a tribute to Jazz Music. Portraits in black and white of artists of the early 50’s are exposed in all the corridors of the hotel.
Each of 110 rooms and suites represent a different notes on the piece of jazz music. The public areas have been renovated with various small details which send us straight back to the 50s. An antique map world covers the main wall of the Bar and represent the main destinations of Air France at that time. A piano recreates the warm atmosphere of the famous Jazz Bars of New York. The bar proposes a direct access to the sunny Patio, the real surprise of the hotel with its comfortable and warm atmosphere in the heart of Nice, where the guests can gather for a drink. Since the re-opening in January 2007, the hotel Ellington has gained a solid experience in organizing business and private events : corporate meetings, seminars, conventions, executive committees, cocktails, . . . 4 meeting rooms which can accommodate up 70 people, are entirely renovated, with natural sunlight and an access to the sunny patio.
Showing Thursday 3 September 2015 to Friday 4 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Foreign (Other), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Car Parking Available Offsite, Valet Parking
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rate for Hôtel Ellington Nice in Nice is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 1.50(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
On arrival - the exterior looked quite impressive.
Check in was fine. When arrived at room - the room card was not activated - minor inconvenience. The room itself was very small. The pictures on the internet did not reflect the actual room we were given - it was comfortable and clean but was a little tired. Fortunately we were only there for 2 x nights - any longer may have been a bit cloustrophobic. Location of hotel is ideal - close to the main shopping area and the old town and promenade - all within 5 mins easy walk!
Brilliant service - but rooms not quite what I'd hoped for
Firstly, I'd like to say how fantastic every member of staff was at all times - they could not do enough for you.
However, I was slightly disappointed with the room - we paid for a superior and it really wasn't anything special although it was spotlessly clean it was very small. A lovely hotel though.