- Very Good
- 42 guest reviews
"A very friendly hotel that was well described and good for a weekend break...."
"The hotel was well run and provided an excellent service. Staff were very pleasant and helpful ensuring I had everything I needed. Although..."
"A quaint historic village - hosts are superb and restaurant is outstanding..."
"The hotel had a very good ambience, especially in the evening with excellent Bars, and log fires. It did say the hotel was 4 Star, but in fa..."
"I phoned to request an early check in as I was going to a wedding in the afternoon. The hotel rang me back to confirm that this would be pos..."
About the hotel
Glenesk Hotel, 38 bedroom Victorian property rated 4 Star by Visit Scotland, is situated in the beautiful "Britain in Bloom" award-winning village of Edzell at the foot of the Angus Glens. Both Aberdeen and Dundee airports can be reached in around 45 minutes by car. For convenience of our guests we offer transfer service to and from many destinations.
With packages available to suit all standards and tastes we offer comfortable and well-equipped accommodation. Conference and Meeting facilities are also available from 2 to 150 delegates. Our Garden View Restaurant has been awarded the Visit Scotland "Taste our Best" and offers Scottish Menu; all produce is locally sourced and carefully prepared by our professional team of Chefs. Our Lounge Bar offers the largest selection in the area, over 300 malts, over 100 gins, over 80 rums, over 70 vodkas and a choice of over 60 bottled ales. We offer plenty of public Rest Areas, Large Gardens and Lounges with roaring log fires, a Leisure Club with a swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, gym and a Games Room with a full size snooker table. A spacious Car Park and Wi-Fi internet in bedrooms and public areas are available free of charge. The hotel residents and parties are offered special rates at adjoining Edzell Golf Club, with two excellent 18 and 9 hole courses. We are surrounded by many famous golf courses; these include Carnoustie and St. Andrews. There are excellent Fishing opportunities, as well as outstanding Shooting Estates, Hill Walking and other outdoor pursuits in the Angus Glens. The Hotel is ideally situated for visiting many Tourist attractions such us Historic Scotland's Edzell Castle and Caledonian Railway. Numerous distilleries, to name just a few, Fettercairn and Glencadam offer tours to our guests. For business or pleasure, the Glenesk Country House Hotel is an ideal destination whether you plan an overnight stay, a weekend break or a long holiday. There is something for everyone and you will always be assured of a Warm Welcome!
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Translation Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing , Clay Pigeon Shooting
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Great hotel in any weather
A very friendly hotel that was well described and good for a weekend break.
The hotel was well run and provided an excellent service.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful ensuring I had everything I needed. Although I was in a single room, it was well appointed, had a good view and even provided an iron and ironing board (very useful). The breakfast menu was extensive and delicious as was the evening menu.