Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
Very nice old hotel with up to date rooms
Nice old hotel with modern accommodation.
Beds slightly firm but generally a very good experience. Food excellent and not too expensive
Great value for money.
Staff extremely helpful and friendly.
Pleasent stay, good value for money
My partner and I stayed here over the weekend with another couple.
The rooms were basic but comfortable and clean. The staff were very helpful and happy to assist when we struggled to lock the doors and to call us a taxi. The breakfast was a buffet style, and was good enough apart from the poor quality of sausage. Overall the stay suited us for what we needed it for, with close proximity to Manchester and a reasonable price.
The staff saved it
We arrived 11/10/14.
I'll do the not so great part first. Our room wasn't a suite or a family room but given the fact we needed something to accommodate a cot I thought it would be bigger. It wasn't quite ready when we got there either. So we requested a cot but there wasn't one. Apparently this never made it to the booking at the hotel. I went to speak with the young lady at reception and she got right on it. The chambermaids came immediately and set up the cot. The staff there were just great. From the guy who gave me 2 forks Saturday night to the dining room staff in the morning. They got us scrambled eggs because we didn't want fried. Our llittle girl wondered around the dining room and they just kept on going. They were ALL very helpful and they made the stay worthwhile. I hope they get to read this. Thanks so very much. Your hard work is appreciated.
I advised beforehand that I was gluten intolerant, but was very disappointed to be told that although I had asked the night before, no provision could be made for me to have breakfast at 8.15am (they start serving at 8.30am), I could have toast or cereal (neither of which I can eat).
So had to leave for my course on an empty stomach, not the best start to the day.
Good spacious accomodation with all mod con's present in room.
The accomodation was clean and room was a good size.
Only potential drawback was parking. Great if you can park at the front of the building but the overflow at the rear is very tight and felt uncomfortable leaving the car there in case it got bumped.
Smelly room and outdated decor in attractive location
The hotel looked lovely from the outside but unfortunately the rooms built in an unattractive annex out the back and were a bit of a disappointment.
Here's a summary of some things we didn't enjoy and the ones we did enjoy during our stay:
- Our room smelt of wet dog
- The food in the restaurant was bland, overcooked and overpriced
- Very outdated decor, both in the bedroom and in the restaurant
- There was a long black hair from previous visitor on the wall in the shower, the inside of the bathroom door wasn't cleaned properly either
- Hard beds
- The tap in the bathroom was loose and at an angle with part of the handle missing
- Bathrooms badly designed, you have to go into the shower and close the glass door to be able to turn on the shower tap, which means you get sprayed with cold water
- Breakfast food selection was a bit sparse and uninspired
- The owner didn't come across as very warm or friendly, she more or less ignored us when we were in the main house for our dinner and we didn't feel very welcome. It would have been nice with a smile and a hello. + Gorgeous, large garden
+ The breakfast staff and morning check-out staff were all very friendly, accommodating and positive
+ Good location, close to Manchester and in a quiet leafy area
+ Newly renovated bathrooms
The hotel is good for a short budget stay if you don't have too high expectations and we still had a good time during our visit despite our negative comments.
Great value for money
Clean, warm and excellent value for money, have paid twice as much for half as less.
Very, hriendly and helpful staff.
Visiting from sussex
Very friendly and accommodating , very enjoyable stay to see family locally.