- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"Very nice highly recommended...."
"For the price the Royal Hotel is absolutely fine! The staff are very friendly, the customers in the bar hilarious, the food is basic pub foo..."
"Just back from this hotel. Me and 11 friends stayed for my 18th birthday. Staff were so friendly and had a great laugh with us. We were allo..."
"Basic room above a pub so as expected was noisy in the evening. Very thin walls so could hear everything that was going on in the other room..."
"Extremely clean, with very helpful and friendly staff. Great value with a touch of character. For myself this was preferable to the blandnes..."
About the hotel
Situated between the Newcastle/Gateshead Quayside and the Metrocentre and just off the A1. The Royal Hotel is a convenient and amicable place to stay. With friendly staff and excellent food served daily, we are an ideal place to stay for either weekend trips or longer.
We offer triple and family rooms as well as single, twin and double rooms. All rooms come with televisions an tea/coffee making facilities and breakfast in included as standard. Wifi available.
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Smoking allowed in bedrooms , Limited Hours Room Service
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Poor Quality Accommodation
I'm afraid this is one of the worse hotels we have stayed in, we got off on the wrong foot when they attempted to overcharge for the stay.
The room was shabby with little room to move, the bed was up against the wall so one of us had to climb over the other to get out, the curtains did not meet on the window the place just felt awful.
Very nice highly recommended.