- Very Good
- 37 guest reviews
"We had a problem with our original hotel and the Gretna welcomed us with open arms with only an hours notice. We were four altogether and I..."
"We only stayed for one night on our to oban but it was a very relaxing night...."
"Staff extremely friendly, food fantastic , Internet a bit. Hit and miss in room but a fab hotel to stay at...."
"The steak had run out so we couldn't enjoy the special steak night offer. However, breakfast was excellent. Wide range of hot buffet plus co..."
"Nice old hotel quaint, clean, tidy, warm and cosy, lost of stairs and corridors, large restaurant but also had secludes secluded areas in an..."
About the hotel
Originally built in 1710 as a manor house, our hotel; set in 10 acres of beautiful gardens offers all the character of a substantial historical building with all the facilities and service you would expect today. Gretna Hall has the distinction of being the ‘Original Marriage House’ in Gretna Green and marriages are still performed here in our three tailor-made wedding rooms within our very own Blacksmith’s here on-site at Gretna Hall Hotel. One thing is certain, we are still very much at the Heart of Gretna Green.
We have 100 en-suite bedrooms, many of which have been recently refurbished and all feature tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones, hair dryers, flat screen TV’s with FreeView and FREE WiFi throughout the hotel. We are very proud of the service and value we offer all our guests, please contact us for the full story. The Anvil Restaurant, perfect for table d’hôte and a la carte dining, offers great food and outstanding wines. The lounge bar, ideal for casual dining, offers a wide range of dishes. For special occasions, especially a wedding, we can help you choose your own tailor-made menu. Our hotel is located only 1 mile from the M74 & M6. Allowing great access to many forwarding destinations or indeed stay with us to visit the Scottish Borders and the English Lake District. Carlisle, the great Border city offers shopping, attractions and much more. Only 9 Miles south of our hotel. Glasgow is only 1 hour drive time, thanks to the upgraded M74. Excellent location if you would like to visit the Commonwealth Games 2014. Edinburgh is a beautiful city and is less than 1 hour train journey. Train station only 200 yards from our hotel. Unfortunately we no longer accept pets.
Showing Tuesday 9 February 2016 to Wednesday 10 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel lots of history xx
We had a problem with our original hotel and the Gretna welcomed us with open arms with only an hours notice.
We were four altogether and I am disabled and they made everything so easy x
Certainly wouldn't get married here
The whole hotel is dated and in need of substantial refurbishment.
By the nature of my work I have stayed in many hotels over the years and for what guests are being charged the standards are wholly poor. They seem to monopolise on the Gretna green marriage thing and charge highly for it. I don't believe for one second that my comments will ever make a difference but I feel better for doing so.