- Very Good
- 39 guest reviews
"Lovely room with amazing river view staff were amazing and could not do enough for you food was fab comfy bed and will be back...."
"Spacious with ample parking. Rooms where clean and comfortable. Nice restaurant with lots of tables. Nice views over the river. 20mins to Ne..."
"We stayed overnight on a lovely summer evening,enjoyed the afternoon sitting by the river,our room was oldie world and delightful with a fab..."
"Great hotel, friendly staff and managers. Room comfy...."
About the hotel
Staying at the Unicorn
This 17th century former coaching house is situated on the banks of the River Trent in the picturesque village of Gunthorpe. This hotel offers a very warm welcome and is ideal for business travellers and tourists alike.
Following a major refurbishment throughout, this riverside pub now boosts 14 individually styled bedrooms.
Stunning river views and walks are enhanced by local tourist attractions such as Sherwood Forest, Clumber Park and Newark (famous for its antique shops & fayres). The Unicorn offers family friendly service with fabulous cask ales including Marston’s Pedigree and Cumberland Ale.
Eating at the Unicorn
Rotisserie chicken is a house speciality and there is always a good selection of homemade specials. Occasions such as engagements, anniversaries or birthdays are catered for. Why not treat yourself and stay in our luxurious “Rose Room” and either enjoy a cosy meal for two or a family meal around our individually styled ‘Tavern table’.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Childrens Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Fishing , [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Unicorn Hotel by Marstons Inns
Lovely room with amazing river view staff were amazing and could not do enough for you food was fab comfy bed and will be back.
Nice location, comfortable stay.
Spacious with ample parking.
Rooms where clean and comfortable. Nice restaurant with lots of tables. Nice views over the river. 20mins to Newark. Enjoyed our one night stay.