- Very Good
- 77 guest reviews
"Staff were helpful and friendly, facilities were good, however cold water tap was running hot which with the heat was inconvenient. Overall..."
"On arrival I was taken back by how beautiful the hotel was on the outside. I had a very friendly reception and also on departure. Then find..."
"Having booked this hotel I was really worried when I then looked on Tripadviser as there were so many negative comments. But I have to say,..."
"Willoughby Court was in need of cleaning, as were the window sills in our room; and the mattress was well past its best - very squashy and s..."
About the hotel
Risley Hall is an 11th Century Saxon country house set in 7 acres of private landscaped grounds. Within the hotel is the 16th Century Baronial Hall, which has been tastefully restored to provide an area of great charm and character. Risley Hall is a popular country retreat, famous for its cuisine, luxurious rooms and outstanding service.
The Manor House has 16 individually named bedrooms all with their own unique decor. Adjoining the Manor House is the Willoughby Court wing where there are a further 19 spacious suites. Within the grounds is the hotels Health Spa where the facilities include an indoor swimming, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room. Our professional therapists provide a variety of indulgent treatments all designed to soothe tired bodies or rejuvenate the mind.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities, In-room Modem Hook up, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, CD Player, [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
74% would recommend it to a friend
great overall just a fee niggles
Staff were helpful and friendly, facilities were good, however cold water tap was running hot which with the heat was inconvenient.
Overall though was pleasantly surprised after reading other reviews. Some parts are a little tired and in need of a bit of tlc although we really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely return
Run down and stay away from the suites
My fiancee and I stayed here for one night and booked a superior suite room with Breakfast.
We'd stayed once a few years ago and had a reasonably positive memory of the experience so we thought we'd stop by again for a second visit. Sadly this time was enough to make sure we don't stay again.
As a general statement the place is in serious need of refurbisment and obviously requires the kind of investment that just isn't available. The place feels generally a bit tired and the spa has a slightly worn and unsavoury feel to it. The worst part of the stay, however, was the room. The suite we stayed in absolutely reeked of damp. The smell was so strong that, even after having stayed in the room for the night, it was still noticeable in the morning when we woke and was strong enough to create a burning sensation in the back of our throats. The smell was clearly coming from the bathroom and the damp problem was backed up by the presence of silverfish in there from time to time. In fact the bathroom was so bad that we decided against having a shower in the room and instead used the slightly better shower in the spa.
Add to that the wet patch on the carpet by the bathroom door, a sagging bed that's in desperate need of replacement, curtains that are so thin and so far from the window that we were awake at 5 am and the room was as bright as being outside at midday and you have an idea of how pleased we were to get away. Even, sadly, breakfast was poor with my eggs being served on unbuttered and stone cold toast that had gone chewy. When I mentioned our issues to the receptionist, she seemed surprised about the damp issues but did offer to refund a portion of our bill, which we accepted. Nevertheless, I find it impossible to believe that no one in the hotel management is aware of the issues and the overall state of the place.
It's a beautiful old building from the outside, but I suggest you find somewhere else to stay if you possibly can.