"Overall a good quiet room, however, I think house keeping could have been a bit better as we saw cobwebs and dust...."
"It is not the ritz but it is good value for what it is good comfortable bed had very good night sleep..."
"Good rooms friendly staff food spot on...."
"All reception staff very helpful. A shame about poor car parking...."
"Superb staff, good bar with good choice of food at reasonable prices. The hotel is a fading glory - shabbily chic creaky stairs etc which I..."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of Scunthorpe city centre, this attractive 1930’s hotel is just minutes away from the town’s shops, train station, amenities and attractions, yet less than 2 miles from the M180 motorway. Centrally located and with an excellent and well equipped function room catering for up to 250, The Royal Hotel is a perfect base for doing business in South Humberside or planning a last minute short break. With free parking and easy motorway access, the hotel is ideal for meetings and away days too.
The hotel has 28 en-suite bedrooms including twin and family rooms, all with flat-screen digital TV, unlimited free Wi-Fi for guests and tea and coffee making facilities. There is ample free parking, a great value pub restaurant on site and a large function room is available. Just half a mile from the Baths Hall entertainment venue, and with easy access to the lovely Normanby Hall Country Park and historic Gainsborough, the hotel is conveniently located 2 miles from the M180 via the M181 and Doncaster Road.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service
- Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
43% would recommend it to a friend
Don't waste your money.
I can't even think of a word to describe it.
Double room so small only one person could stand at a time. Lopsided bed, broken radiator, though after taking staff into the room a heater was supplied,we didn't use it. No spoons to use with the coffee making facilities. Bathroom, disgusting, you just wouldn't use it.
Worst room I've ever stayed in
This Hotel was easy to book on line. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we arrived.
Overall a good quiet room, however, I think house keeping could have been a bit better as we saw cobwebs and dust.