- Very Good
- 58 guest reviews
"We book one of the cottages at smiths hotel as a last min get away. First impressions: Customer service was disappointing, check in was 3pm..."
"We were very surprised to be able to stay in Smiths Hotel for the same price as a stay in a small B&B and were a little apprehensive about w..."
"Great alternative to the usual budget hotels but much higher quality and similar price. We had one of the apartments which had much more liv..."
"We stopped for 1 night on our way from Birmingham to North Scotland and found this hotel lovely. We got a great deal on the room and couldn'..."
"Staying at The Smiths Hotel Gretna was fantastic the service, food & accommodation was top class. The staff were so friendly & helpful as al..."
About the hotel
The new, exciting Smiths at Gretna Green embraces both tradition and modern day comfort with inspirational design set against a historical backdrop. Guests can enjoy a blend of professional, relaxed hospitality along with first class facilities. Smiths at Gretna Green is the most hip and contemporary hotel for miles with luxurious bedrooms that have been designed to offer guests not just a bedroom but a spacious living environment complete with modern facilities such as flatscreen TVs, DVD players and broadband internet access.
For the ultimate in luxury you may want to opt for one of the stunning Suites or the Penthouse Apartment. Gretna Green is just 10 minutes north of Carlisle. Located right next to the World Famous Old Blacksmith's Shop, you too can become part of an unbroken thread of romantic history spanning over 250 years. Explore the surrounding area and local attractions or relax and be pampered from head to toe in the Hair, Beauty and Relaxation areas and 'Chill-Out Zone'. Spend your evening in the cosmopolitan bar for a pre-dinner drink before enjoying the delicious cuisine in the relaxed brasserie restaurant. A member of Classic British Hotels.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Games Console , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Pleasantly surprised...would recommend
We book one of the cottages at smiths hotel as a last min get away.
First impressions: Customer service was disappointing, check in was 3pm however on arrival we where told our cottage wasn't ready yet and they would phone us once it was, we didn't get a call and we didn't get our keys until 30mins later when we went to reception our self. Apart from the slow start we loved our cottage and felt it was very good value for money, breakfast was pleasant, would go again and would also recommend it to a family getaway.
Excellent Value for Money
We were very surprised to be able to stay in Smiths Hotel for the same price as a stay in a small B&B and were a little apprehensive about what the catch might be.
But there was no catch. The staff were delightful, the accommodation clean, modern and comfortable and the bar/restaurant was a good place to spend the evening. The hotel is clearly geared-up towards weddings so it might not be a good place to stay if you are trying to get over a relationship but, otherwise, I would recommend it to anyone.