- Very Good
- 85 guest reviews
"Having read some of the low marked reviews we were ready for any let downs. We can only go by our own expereince and we did only stay here f..."
"Lovely weekend away at The Winchester Royal. Located just off the main shopping area of Winchester with great facilities and customer servic..."
"The bed was so comfortable, the room was really quiet & it was good we could open the window. Consequently we both had the best sleep we'd h..."
"Yes but car park charge only covers up till midday on check out day, which is not helpful for shopping etc unless you pay an extra £8 (but I..."
"We took ages to find the hotel as it as at night and we were expecting a big hotel with his own grounds in front for parking like in the pho..."
About the hotel
Having recently undertaken a multi million pound refurbishment, this charming 81-bedroom hotel is in the heart of historic Winchester. It offers on-site parking (charges apply), elegant rooms with satellite TV, and is a 5-minute walk from the cathedral. The Winchester Royal dates back to the 1300s, and has been a hotel for the past two centuries.
The spacious bedrooms have a cozy sitting area, private bathroom and facilities for making tea and coffee. Overlooking the beautiful walled garden, the award-winning Conservatory Restaurant serves a modern European menu throughout the day. Full English and continental breakfasts are available each morning. Winchester Train Station is a 10-minute walk away, and Royal Winchester Golf Club is a 10-minute drive away. A choice of shops and museums are within easy walking distance. Hotel Rooms: 81, Hotel Chain: St. James Group
Showing Sunday 5 July 2015 to Monday 6 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 22/03/2013 to 31/12/2022 - Please be aware for bookings of 6 rooms or more additional terms will apply to your reservation. For full details please contact the hotel The LateRooms.com rates for The Winchester Royal in Winchester are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Having read some of the low marked reviews we were ready for any let downs.
We can only go by our own expereince and we did only stay here for the one night. From our check-in to check-out we were made to feel welcome. The hotel was clean, our accodmoation was spacious and any complaints we had, only the really, was addressed Immediately. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble. The parking charges are a little on the high side but this is Winchester.
On arrival I found the receptionist unhelpful regarding parking.
I was told that I would have to pay a full days parking because I was an hour early even though there was plenty of space. This meant that I would have paid £18 for 24 hour parking. The evening meal was a disappointment. I paid extra for a ribeye steak that materialised to be a poor cut of meat that more resembled a minute steak.
The bed in the room was a bonus , big and comfortable.