- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"Delicious breakfast, comfy clean room overlooking beautiful garden...."
"We found the Morritt an ideal location, very welcoming with good clean comfortable room and we would stay there again when travelling in the..."
"Great hotel, attentive and friendly staff. Both restaurants superb. We stayed 3 NightSeptember en route to Scotland, definitely stay again...."
"We have stayed at the Morritt many times before and know the area very well. The welcome was warm and helpful (cases being carried up ). Roo..."
"Staff really friendly, food was different but nice. Room was in the annex and was lovely but you could here neighbour going to toilet every..."
About the hotel
The Morritt is a Grade II listed 17th Century, country house hotel with traditional values and warm, attentive staff. Ideally located just off the A66 Transpennine Route (9 miles west of Scotch Corner), set in the tranquille hamlet of Greta Bridge. 26 en-suite bedrooms (20 in the main building, 6 located in the hotel grounds) all with free wi-fi, hospitality trays, direct dial telephone and colour television with freeview.
Our contemporary restaurant (Gilroy's) has an excellent reputation for food as well as an award-winning wine list (over 100 bins to choose from!) and our traditional Dickens bar serves hand-pulled ales (Timothy Taylor's Landlord, BlackSheep Ale and Seasonal Guest Beers). Beautifully landscaped gardens make a wonderful setting for warmer days and for those cooler months we have roaring log fires. Ideal for both business and leisure we offer conference rooms with natural daylight as well as private dining by arrangement. There are beautiful walks on the doorstep (ask at Reception for details), and the Tees Valley and Yorkshire Dales are all but a stones throw away.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Delicious breakfast, comfy clean room overlooking beautiful garden.
Ideal location and Welcoming.
We found the Morritt an ideal location, very welcoming with good clean comfortable room and we would stay there again when travelling in the vicinity.