- Very Good
- 51 guest reviews
"This is a nice hotel in a lovely location and ours opened onto the garden alongside the river. It's a two minute stroll from the cathedral...."
"Room 29. A little dark but a beautiful view of the cathedral. 5 minutes walk into Salisbury makes this an ideal hotel for sightseeing and se..."
"Good breakfast. Riverside rooms have direct access to garden but need better soundproofing from rooms above...."
"An overnight stay in a good position for town and sightseeing. We could walk, no need for the car once at the Legacy Rose and Crown Hotel...."
"Staff was excellent and helpful even with a wedding going at the time of our stay. Food was very good. The view from our room overlooked the..."
About the hotel
The recently awarded 4* Legacy Rose & Crown Hotel is an idyllic location, with stunning views across the River Avon to the magnificent Salisbury Cathedral beyond. This 13th century inn provides the perfect riverside location whether your stay is for either business and leisure. Being close to all major road and rail links, the hotel is perfectly located for all your business needs in the Wiltshire area, whilst allowing the perfect restful ambience after your busy day.
There are many original features remaining around the hotel including the old wooden beams and log fire in the traditional Oak Bar. There is FREE Wi-Fi available on the Legacy network in selected public areas for the benefit of our guests and visitors.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
This hotel has all the ingredients of a fantastic break.
It is in a superb location for accessing the Cathedral and city centre yet is set in quiet and beautiful grounds going down to the river. However it just gets it wrong and is so disappointing. Some of the staff really knew the meaning of customer service and were welcoming and clearly hard working, some just hadn't a clue to the point they were rude. The hotel is tired, clearly in need of general maintenance. We had mould growing round our bathroom window frame, dust on the bath, carpets in the corridors were in need of a vacuum cleaner. The lovely view of the river from the dining room was spoilt by dirty windows. We had dinner in the hotel which was at best mediocre whereas the continental breakfast was very good. All the ingredients are there - it's just not done well and definitely not a four star experience.
Not too bad
This is a nice hotel in a lovely location and ours opened onto the garden alongside the river.
It's a two minute stroll from the cathedral. The only real let down was breakfast, which would have been fine if it was included in the price, which in itself was probably top end for this standard of hotel. Instead for an extra tenner each we got a muddled order that took an age because there were not enough staff for quite a lot of guests. Chaotic sums it up. Nice hotel though