- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"great hospitality, warm, comfortable room with huge bed , great bathroom which was spotlessly clean. Evening meal was fabulous as was the co..."
"Very comfortable room would definitely stay again...."
"Friendly reception, comfortable room with space to accommodate our dog. Staff welcoming and helpful...."
"Rooms very small and noisy..."
"We only stayed at the Royal for one night but the service was helpful and cheerful, the accommodation was just what we needed, and the food..."
About the hotel
Nestled peacefully amongst the Eastern Lakeland Fells and located on many of the best-loved Lakeland walks, this charming country retreat is ideal for a peaceful break in Dockray. Run by a charismatic and friendly family, the Inn provides a relaxed, informal but efficient service, well suited to the Lakeland way of life. The Helvellyn and High Street mountain ranges are right on the doorstep, which makes The Royal Hotel an ideal and comfortable base for walkers.
The facilities include 10 en suite bedrooms, a large restaurant and a bar that boasts a fine selection of wines, locally produced Real Ales and malt whiskies.
Showing Tuesday 21 April 2015 to Wednesday 22 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 20/08/2012 to 20/08/2021 - Pets are allowed, but need to be confirmed with the hotel first, hotel does not provided beds for the pets. There is a £5.00 charge per pet per night. The LateRooms.com rates for Royal Hotel in Penrith are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Paper thin walls
We booked a double room and had twin beds pushed together with two single duvets.
Walls were paper thin and could hear the slightest movement in adjacent bedrooms. The noise of the hot water system was excessive and loud. Breakfast was spoiled by waiting for 10 minutes for toast (as they only had one toaster!) whilst the food got cold. Shame as it is in such a wonderful location
great hospitality, warm, comfortable room with huge bed , great bathroom which was spotlessly clean.
Evening meal was fabulous as was the cooked breakfast the next morning. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were polite and friendly. Definitely stay again!!