- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"The hotel was lovely extremely clean and tidy the rooms were very big the food was amazing both in the bar and the breakfast the next day. T..."
"great hospitality, warm, comfortable room with huge bed , great bathroom which was spotlessly clean. Evening meal was fabulous as was the co..."
"Very comfortable room would definitely stay again...."
"Friendly reception, comfortable room with space to accommodate our dog. Staff welcoming and helpful...."
"Rooms very small and noisy..."
About the hotel
Nestled peacefully amongst the Eastern Lakeland Fells and located on many of the best-loved Lakeland walks, this charming country retreat is ideal for a peaceful break in Dockray. Run by a charismatic and friendly family, the Inn provides a relaxed, informal but efficient service, well suited to the Lakeland way of life. The Helvellyn and High Street mountain ranges are right on the doorstep, which makes The Royal Hotel an ideal and comfortable base for walkers.
The facilities include 10 en suite bedrooms, a large restaurant and a bar that boasts a fine selection of wines, locally produced Real Ales and malt whiskies.
Showing Sunday 7 February 2016 to Monday 8 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 20/08/2012 to 20/08/2021 - Pets are allowed, but need to be confirmed with the hotel first, hotel does not provided beds for the pets. There is a £5.00 charge per pet per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel was lovely extremely clean and tidy the rooms were very big the food was amazing both in the bar and the breakfast the next day.
The location was simply gorgeous and the staff were very helpful. I'd DEFINITELY stay at this b&b again.
Paper thin walls
We booked a double room and had twin beds pushed together with two single duvets.
Walls were paper thin and could hear the slightest movement in adjacent bedrooms. The noise of the hot water system was excessive and loud. Breakfast was spoiled by waiting for 10 minutes for toast (as they only had one toaster!) whilst the food got cold. Shame as it is in such a wonderful location