- Very Good
- 9 guest reviews
"Characterful building with some discreet modern upgrades. Rooms comfortable and warm. Staff spot on, food very nice indeed. Combination of b..."
"Recently stayed at The Royal Hotel and really looking forward to returning. Quality beers, food and very comfortable warm accomodation, outs..."
"The hotel was lovely extremely clean and tidy the rooms were very big the food was amazing both in the bar and the breakfast the next day. T..."
"great hospitality, warm, comfortable room with huge bed , great bathroom which was spotlessly clean. Evening meal was fabulous as was the co..."
"Very comfortable room would definitely stay again...."
About the hotel
Nestled peacefully amongst the Eastern Lakeland Fells and located on many of the best-loved Lakeland walks, this charming country retreat is ideal for a peaceful break in Dockray. Run by a charismatic and friendly family, the Inn provides a relaxed, informal but efficient service, well suited to the Lakeland way of life. The Helvellyn and High Street mountain ranges are right on the doorstep, which makes The Royal Hotel an ideal and comfortable base for walkers.
The facilities include 10 en suite bedrooms, a large restaurant and a bar that boasts a fine selection of wines, locally produced Real Ales and malt whiskies.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 20/08/2012 to 20/08/2021 - Pets are allowed, but need to be confirmed with the hotel first, hotel does not provided beds for the pets. There is a £5.00 charge per pet per night. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Our booking had not been made
When we arrived at the hotel the reception staff said our booking had not been received by LateRooms.
Luckily the hotel found us alternative accommodation which was a relief as we had travelled up for a wedding. We were worried that we had a wasted journey and that it would be impossible to find alternative accommodation as it was Good Friday. It had taken us 4 hours to get to the hotel due to heavy traffic. I would appreciate it if you could look into why our booking was not made as I received a confirmation email when I booked on 7/2/16. The hotel staff were extremely helpful and we were disappointed not to have been able to stay there.
An especially nice location
Characterful building with some discreet modern upgrades.
Rooms comfortable and warm. Staff spot on, food very nice indeed. Combination of buffet breakfast PLUS main breakfast dish of choice specially prepared is a winner. Only downside is that walls separating rooms are - as other reviewers claim - pretty thin. IF you have noisy neighbours this could be a nuisance. Overall a great experience though.