- 1 guest reviews
"We spent two nights here in a junior suite and had a wonderful time. Starting with the very pleasant and helpful reception staff, the compli..."
About the hotel
Among the most refined 4 star hotels in Venice, Palazzo Abadessa welcomes you in a charmingly attractive location, with rooms that will take you back in time, a splendid private garden, and all the most modern comforts and services. Palazzo Abadessa is an historical Mansion, located in the heart of Venice, faraway just 5 minutes from the Rialto's bridge, 10 minutes from St. Mark Square.
Our magnificent rooms face either on the Rio Santa Sofia or on our wonderful and secret garden. . . Rooms are air conditioned, and include a minibar and satellite TV. Most feature original 18th-century furniture, frescoed ceilings and silk wallpaper. Hotel Palazzo Abadessa offers an extensive continental breakfast, which can be enjoyed in the private garden in fine weather. The staff serve local pastries, Italian ham and freshly made cappuccino. The Abadessa Palazzo’s public areas have Murano-glass lamps and Persian carpets. Guests can sip a drink in the bar while admiring views of the canal, and free Wi-Fi is available.
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] Foreign (European)
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rate for Palazzo Abadessa in Venezia is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 4.00(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Relaxed luxury away from the hustle and bustle
We spent two nights here in a junior suite and had a wonderful time.
Starting with the very pleasant and helpful reception staff, the complimentary bottle of prosecco, the fresh breakfast with plenty of choice, the delightful garden area. It was a little tricky to find at first - we opted for the alilaguna and chose the least packed destination (Rialto) so it was a bit of a trek through the streets with our bags but found it down a very narrow alley off the Strada Nuova (turn down the alley with a cafe on one corner and a material shop on the other). In hindsight we wished we'd splashed out on a private taxi both ways - we decided on that for the return and it was brilliant. The taxi picked is up from the hotel and the staff put our bags on the boat.Much more pleasant. The hotel doesn't have a restaurant but there is plenty of choice within a 5 min walk on Misercordia - our favourite was Diana. The fridge in the room was a little noisy through the night but we just unplugged it and there was silence - bliss.
All in all a fantastic short break and would definitely recommend and we hope to stay again.