- 5 guest reviews
"Everything about the stay was enjoyable. Very friendly and efficient staff. Room very private - just as we like it. Breakfast in the conserv..."
"Have stayed here several times across the last twenty years and each visit has been as good as the previous. The approach and quality of ser..."
"Stayed here on business for 4 nights, and was made welcome from the first moment I stepped through the door. The staff are a credit to Headl..."
"This is the 3rd time I have stayed at Headlam Hall, the staff are amazing and so helpfull, as for the food I have to say this was definately..."
"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay! The food is to die for... Shame that the spa treatment rooms were fully booked...I know to book well in advance..."
About the hotel
An independent 17th century country house hotel, spa & golf course set in beautiful gardens and surrounded by its own rolling farmland in picturesque Teesdale. Located mid-way between Darlington and Barnard Castle and just a 10 minute drive from the A1 at Scotch Corner. This AA 4 star hotel also has 2 rosettes for food as well as being part of the Chateaux Hotels Collection, one of only two in the UK.
The hotel was completely restored in 2015/16. There are 38 en-suite rooms with a delightful blend of style and character – located in either the Main Hall, the Coach House, the Spa or the ground floor Mews. The individually designed bedrooms are all beautifully appointed with a very high standard of decor. Main Hall rooms are of a traditional style befitting of a Jacobean country hotel, with period piece furnishings, the Coach House rooms are contemporary cottage style rooms with soft country colours and handmade wooden furniture and the Spa rooms have a more modern design but still reflecting the rural setting with muted colours, contemporary oak furniture and original landscape artwork.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Golf 9 Hole , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Pitch n' Putt , Mountain Bike Hire , Croquet , Tennis Courts , Snooker/Billiards , Fishing
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent stay - have booked to stay again
Everything about the stay was enjoyable.
Very friendly and efficient staff. Room very private - just as we like it. Breakfast in the conservatory was first class - would highly recommend the salmon with scrambled eggs. Definately worth a visit.
Have stayed here several times across the last twenty years and each visit has been as good as the previous.
The approach and quality of service befits the status as a true character country hotel and would recommend to anyone looking for this type of hotel in a peaceful setting.