- Very Good
- 37 guest reviews
"We booked this at the last minute and we were pleased we did. The hotel is a short walk out of Durham But that caused no problems. We arrive..."
"Had a lovely stay at this hotel.Found it to be really clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again..."
"Very good hotel with friendly helpful staff and good sized rooms with comfy beds. Breakfast was very nice with the 'full english' not swimmi..."
"A beautiful building, renovated with care and taste. The owners evidently believe they have sonething very special at Farnley tower. Unfortu..."
"We were happy with the room , and the interesting building, and didn't mind too much the walk as it's good exercise and we know Durham's acc..."
About the hotel
Farnley Tower provides stunning views over Durham Castle, the cathedral, and surrounding countryside. The hotel is a prominent Victorian mansion, renowned for its architecture and gardens. All comfortable rooms are individually designed and have TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
Some rooms have beautiful views of the Castle Cathedral and countryside. Farnley Tower is just a short walk from the town centre. With an elevated position and location, Farnley Tower Hotel and Restaurant offers the perfect place to relax and unwind amid the facilities of a modern city hotel. Our newly refurbished state of the art meetings / function room is ideal for those corporate business meetings or small wedding receptions (up to 30 persons). Dine in the award-winning Michelin recommended Gourmet Spot restaurant and bar, specialising in innovative and imaginative cuisine. The menu features an array of local fresh produce and a huge choice of wines. Please note, the restaurant is only open "Tuesdays to Saturdays from 5. 30pm till late. Ample free car parking on site and free WiFi access is available.
Showing Friday 29 May 2015 to Saturday 30 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/01/2013 to 09/01/2013 - Please note, the restaurant is only open "Tuesdays to Saturdays from 5.30pm till late. The LateRooms.com rates for Farnley Tower in Durham are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
76% would recommend it to a friend
My stay at Farnley Towers
Unfortunately I have been unable to give this hotel ratings above 4 because of wee things that just disappointed me.
Given that this has been rated as 4 stars I just expected the wee things that make your stay a bit more special. By this I mean, the bed, although made up every day it was only the duvet that was straightened up, the sheet on the mattress wasn't straightened up, the bed was on the verge of being uncomfortable (rolling into the middle) bit of a sore back before the end of the week. The toilet wasn't cleaned for the duration of our stay neither was the towels changed they were put back on the towel rail. Tea and coffee wasn't replaced couple of times, room wan't . Room was hovered once during our stay. The dining room decorated in white (all white) chairs were upholstered in white which was grubby some chairs looking shabby. I spilt some egg yolk on the table cover on the first morning , table cover wasn't change until the day we were leaving. Its not a complaint but by the end of the week it was just these wee things that made me think is this really 4 star accommodation, would I go back???. Could the owners make just a wee bit more of an effort
Enjoyed our stay
We booked this at the last minute and we were pleased we did.
The hotel is a short walk out of Durham But that caused no problems. We arrived early and got checked in immediately. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The room was spotless and comfortable with plenty of natural light. It was a cold day but the room was lovely and warm - so warm in fact we needed to open the window. Breakfast was plentiful and good. Would recommend.