- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"Lovely old place so much better than the new style places, but it is a very old building and doing to much can ruin it the look of it...Stay..."
"I prefer to stay away from chain hotels and try to find the independent hotels and B&Bs, so was pleased to find Farnley Tower. The hotel is..."
"We enjoyed our stay and the breakfast waitress remembered we wanted gluten free bread - these little things helped make our visit one we wou..."
"A really nice hotel Beautiful food Fabulous location..."
"Farnley Tower was a lovely and very comfortable BnB from which to explore Durham. Staff were friendly and relaxed, and the room was spacious..."
About the hotel
Farnley Tower provides stunning views over Durham Castle, the cathedral, and surrounding countryside. The hotel is a prominent Victorian mansion, renowned for its architecture and gardens. All comfortable rooms are individually designed and have TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
Some rooms have beautiful views of the Castle Cathedral and countryside. Farnley Tower is just a short walk from the town centre. With an elevated position and location, Farnley Tower Hotel and Restaurant offers the perfect place to relax and unwind amid the facilities of a modern city hotel. Our newly refurbished state of the art meetings / function room is ideal for those corporate business meetings or small wedding receptions (up to 30 persons). Dine in the award-winning Michelin recommended Gourmet Spot restaurant and bar, specialising in innovative and imaginative cuisine. The menu features an array of local fresh produce and a huge choice of wines. Please note, the restaurant is only open "Tuesdays to Saturdays from 5. 30pm till late. Ample free car parking on site and free WiFi access is available.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely old place so much better than the new style places, but it is a very old building and doing to much can ruin it the look of it...Stayed for one night in a double room all you need was in there TV tea and coffee on suite bathroom plenty of storage large comfy bed...Breakfast of which there was plenty included tea/coffee, cereal, juices, toast, fruit, yogurt and of course a lovely fry up...
I prefer to stay away from chain hotels and try to find the independent hotels and B&Bs, so was pleased to find Farnley Tower.
The hotel is in a fantastic building though the changes to make this a hotel are just starting to show some wear and tear, maybe this just adds to the ambiance. Sited close to the city centre and within walking distance as sated before walking back is up hill. Breakfast is acceptable and as expected. I do think they could, especially considering room rate, go the extra mile and use higher quality bacon/sausage/orange juice. This would transform breakfast into a true feast. All in all a decent stay.