- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"although we had been given a free upgrade, I was still disappointed with the room size, can't complain about anything else though. The facil..."
"The hotel was overall, excellent apart from the heat in the rooms making it difficult to sleep although the staff did supply a fan when requ..."
"The hotel appeared to have new and old rooms in adjoining wings. We had an old room in the original part of the building which was clean but..."
"Been here twice now for our anniversary, rooms are decorated to a very high standard and clean. The pool, sauna and steam rooms are great. U..."
"The hotel was very clean and the location was good. Had style and elegance about it and I would definitely visit again...."
About the hotel
Winner of Visit Chester & Cheshire's Large Hotel of the Year 2007. The privately owned Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa is ideally located just a 5 minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the city centre of Wrexham and Wales. This beautiful hotel, set in its own grounds, has 73 superb comfortable bedrooms, all with en-suite facilities.
The hotel has free parking for all guests and complimentary WiFi. Within the hotel there are two dining venues from which you can choose. Ciro's Brasserie is a Rosette rated Mediterranean themed restaurant offering modern European cuisine. On a Sunday we serve a traditional roast carvery luncheon and dinner. Alternatively, you may prefer to relax in Nelson's Bar where you will find a good selection of gastro style bar food and fine traditional ales. Take time during your stay to step through the doors of Spa by Kasia where we provide natural, holistic and organic treatments to completely nourish, rebalance and repair the face and body. This exclusive retreat includes 6 indulgent treatment suites including a VIP couple's suite with hydrotherapy bath, 3 relaxation rooms, a traditional Turkish Hamman, an Arabian Rasul, Rejuvenation Skin Clinic, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, state of the art Technogym gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique and Spa Eatery. Residents are strongly advised to book their treatments in advance. The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi , Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 29/02/2016 to 01/02/2025 - Some rooms are situated close to the function suite, and therefore some noisy maybe heard until approx midnight, if a function is taking place. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
92% would recommend it to a friend
Grosvenor Pulford Hotel and Spa
although we had been given a free upgrade, I was still disappointed with the room size, can't complain about anything else though.
The facilities in the room were great even an ironing board and iron, the bed comfortable and everything spotlessly clean, information about room service could have been better when we booked in, as we weren't told that we could set up an account for the room for our evening meal, so had to pay cash. A pity the weather wasn't better as I would've liked to explore more of the grounds, which looked beautiful. Breakfast service could do with improving, the fresh orange etc hadn't been refilled and orders for tea, coffee etc could've been quicker, but staff did go out of their way to accommodate my young cousin with his poached egg and a boiled egg for another young cousin.
Excellent hotel spoiled only by a couple of points
The hotel was overall, excellent apart from the heat in the rooms making it difficult to sleep although the staff did supply a fan when requested.
The other point is that the room overlooked the car park where the door to the function room and although the guests at the weddings that were taking place weren't too noisy, the staff managed to empty bottles into a bin at regular intervals which was very loud. It may be worth when allocating rooms to enquire if the customer is attending one of the weddings or not and place them into appropriate accommodation. Your staff were very friendly and professional.