- Very Good
- 95 guest reviews
"The hotel room was clean and comfy, and the free wifi was a bonus. The check-in service was very very slow, but I had both dinner and breakf..."
"Great location, 5 mins from the Royal Mile Staff, friendly and very helpful Room was wonderful. Clean, warm, spacious, modern, and quiet I d..."
"Great place to base when visiting the beautiful city of Edinburgh. Lovely hotel with friendly helpful staff, especially the concierge. I wil..."
"Great Location, Lovely Rooms, Attentive Staff..."
"The service and room were excellent , would definitely stay here again,great value for the money we paid...."
About the hotel
The Macdonald Holyrood Hotel is in the heart of the Old Town city centre situated between Edinburgh Castle and the Palace of Holyrood. Positioned adjacent to the Scottish Parliament and overlooking Arthurs Seat, giving the hotel its unique quiet location assuring you of a good nights sleep. Shopping on Princes Street is within walking distance, along with the West End and Waverley Railway station.
All 156 rooms at the Holyrood are equipped to a high standard. Free wifi is available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. The Club Floor delivers a new level in luxury. A private lift, lounge and library will delight individuals who demand real exclusivity. The club lounge and majestic sixth floor views add up to a unique collection of member benefits. Taking up the hotels entire top level, offers the Club Guest all the luxury of the city. From the moment you're greeted by the duty manager and escorted via a private keyed access lift to your room, your every need is taken care of. As the lift doors open onto the sixth floor, perhaps, enjoy a drink in the elegant Club Lounge with its commanding views over Salisbury Crags and Holyrood Park. Of course, the suites and rooms on the Club Floor are worthy of such an outlook with all the space and facilities you could wish for. Whatever your idea of relaxation is, you'll find the Holyrood's health, fitness and beauty club the perfect place to unwind. As a guest of the hotel you are able to take full advantage of the Sauna, Steam Room, the 14 metre Swimming Pool and Gym. The Leisure Club also offers a Solarium and an extensive range of beauty treatments from just £6. 00. The hotel offers a Car Parking service which is available at a cost of £20. 00 per 24 hours. The service is limited, and is given on a first come first served basis. Alternative car parking is available at Dynamic Earth which is situated across the road from the hotel. **PLEASE NOTE THIS HOTEL IS NON SMOKING THROUGHOUT**
Showing Sunday 5 July 2015 to Monday 6 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite, Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Macdonald Holyrood Hotel in Edinburgh are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
Really nice hotel
The hotel room was clean and comfy, and the free wifi was a bonus.
The check-in service was very very slow, but I had both dinner and breakfast, which were both lovely. Staff were friendly and helpful. Very well located.
Fantastic Hotel - Highly recommended!!!!
Great location, 5 mins from the Royal Mile Staff, friendly and very helpful Room was wonderful.
Clean, warm, spacious, modern, and quiet
I did not get a chance to utilise the Gym, but pool, and sauna adds the cherry to this already delicious cake!!!!