- Very Good
- 35 guest reviews
"Found the hotel ok, but had to ask to find the Car Park, at the hotel. The car park had 1 machine not working, with a sign saying you should..."
"Great place and will stay next time. Shame gym and pool closed before 6 though...."
"Very clean and modern hotel...."
"From checking in to checking out my stay here was fantastic. Great room, service, and location...."
"Spacious bight room, could do with more tea, milk etc..."
About the hotel
Conference Aston is the perfect place to stay when visiting Birmingham for business or leisure. The hotel boasts en-suite bedrooms with TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial phones and free WIFI. A varied menu is available in our restaurant, with a choice of light snacks in the bar.
Set within the landscaped grounds of Aston University in the city centre, Conference Aston is only a ten minute walk from Birmingham’s main shopping area and within easy reach of the ICC & the NIA. On Site Parking is available (prebookable and chargeable), Birmingham New Street Station is a 15 minute walk away and Birmingham Airport/ NEC are approximately 20 minutes away by taxi. Car parking can be booked in advance online at: http://www. conferenceaston. co. uk/content. aspx?PageID=1936
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Badminton , Squash Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Lift to all floors
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- Pets are not allowed
91% would recommend it to a friend
Nice room, but service not so great
Found the hotel ok, but had to ask to find the Car Park, at the hotel.
The car park had 1 machine not working, with a sign saying you should use a different machine in the opposite corner. I certainly couldn't find it. After then seeing some bays marked out for the hotel, we parked there, and had to ask at reception about parking, to be told they issue vouchers from the hotel. Why didn't the staff say this in the first place .
Found hotel layout to be confusing & not well signposted, there were no instructions that we needed the key card to access our corridor.
Forgot to say, in the lift, the buttons are counter intuitive, level 1U is lower than 1 !. The room was not stocked well with coffee, and only 1 pack of biscuits for 2 guests seemed tight. I asked for more coffee and milk at reception, the desk staff said he would send some more up, the same guy bought them up within 30 secs!. Why didn't he just give them to me !. We weren't booked in for breakfast, even though we requested it on LateRooms.com, and they tried to charge more for it than advertised. Breakfast was OK for a meat eater, but my partner was found wanting, since there was no veggie offering at the hot buffet self service counter. Oh and the toaster needs changing for a faster one, or better still, it should be bought to the table. The room was otherwise very comfortable, and quiet too.
Conference Aston Hotel
Great place and will stay next time.
Shame gym and pool closed before 6 though.