- Very Good
- 10 guest reviews
"The hotel was of a high standard. Well positioned in the centre of Kesick. The room was a bit small for a superior room which we payed extra..."
"Excellent food & customer service..."
"Couldn't have asked for more😀..."
"Very nice hotel with well appointed room on 3rd floor. Staff were welcoming and accomadating. Restaurant food was excellent and good value f..."
"Lovely hotel, free room upgrade to prestige suite on arrivals x love breakfast ...."
About the hotel
Located in the heart of Keswick, with dramatic fells and lakes on the doorstep, the Skiddaw Hotel offers a window into the bustling Keswick life. It’s easy to see why people choose to relax and unwind here. This warm and hospitable hotel has a welcoming lounge bar and conservatory that overlooks the bustling main street.
Upstairs the Latrigg Lounge is ideal for residents – a peaceful place from which to observe the town below. With 43 modern bedrooms it is the perfect base for your visit to the Lake District. Dining in 31 The Square restaurant, guests can enjoy a personal service and a first class meal created from some of Lakeland’s finest ingredients. Why not try our cheese board which features our very own soft Damson cheese from the local Thornby Moor Dairy. The Greta Suite provides the perfect venue for a variety of special events whether a beautiful wedding, anniversary, birthday bash or funeral tea. It is also popular venue for meetings, conferences and exhibitions. Features The Skiddaw Hotel offers 43 modern bedrooms with flat screen TV’s and tea and coffee making facilities. Furnished to a very high standard, the hotel offers a variety of rooms to suit all tastes, large family suites, plus the addition of the cosy self-catering Cottage Suite adjacent to the hotel. There is free Wi-Fi, and parking is available for £2. 00 per day. Guests can also benefit from free use of leisure facilities, including an indoor and outdoor pool, tennis courts, a sauna and a hot tub at our sister hotel less than 10 minutes’ drive away. Surrounded by the picturesque lakes and mountains of the Lake District, Skiddaw Hotel is a short walk from Derwentwater and many other famous walks and locations in the area are easy to reach. Dining A full Cumbrian or continental breakfast is the perfect way to start the day, made using locally sourced ingredients and can be served in the main restaurant or conservatory. The 31 The Square restaurant serves menus featuring local produce and is renowned for first class service and cuisine. Guests can enjoy their meals in the spacious, air-conditioned restaurant that perfectly complements the stylish accommodation. All dishes are freshly prepared by the head chef using the finest ingredients to give that special flair and individual appeal. Popular with locals and guests alike, the lounge bar serves refreshments on a daily basis including full afternoon tea and the modern conservatory is the perfect place to enjoy the sights and sounds of the market square.
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
The big floods
The hotel was of a high standard.
Well positioned in the centre of Kesick. The room was a bit small for a superior room which we payed extra for. Apart from that and the weather we had a nice time.
Excellent food & customer service