- Very Good
- 125 guest reviews
"Very friendly and helpful staff in reception, bar and restaurant. Good food for dinner and breakfast. Spacious and pleasant room. Odd to fi..."
"Breakfast was very poor...."
"The staff were very helpful and welcoming. The accommodation was lovely & spacious...."
"A lovely room , clean and well equipped. We did have a problem with the extractor , as the noise from it was keeping next doors awake, but w..."
"Rooms are motel type, slightly tired but OK at the discounted price of £54. Not worth more. Comfortable bed, good shower, flat-screen televi..."
About the hotel
Just 3 miles from Durham City Centre, the Honest Lawyer Hotel is a 3* hotel and AA rosette restaurant, ideally located for exploring County Durham, as well as being an ideal base for doing business in and around Durham City. All of our rooms are en-suite with modern furnishings, LCD TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, as well as free wifi, which is also available in our public areas. A full English and continental breakfast is served each morning between 7am and 9am weekdays and 8am until 10am weekends, with an extensive, locally sourced menu including healthy options such as Poached Eggs and Brown Toast.
Bailey’s Bar and Restaurant serve food all day, with a full a la carte menu which includes our famous North Sea Black Sheep Beer Battered Haddock & Chips, as well as Pan Fried Seabass and Corn Fed Chicken. As well as all of the above, guests exploring County Durham receive a discount on entry to Beamish Museum, and Durham City is just a short bus ride from the hotel, with a number of buses going directly into the city stopping every 15 minutes. The warmest of welcomes awaits you at The Honest Lawyer Hotel, we look forward to your arrival.
Showing Saturday 5 September 2015 to Sunday 6 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Children's Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Honest Lawyer Hotel
Very friendly and helpful staff in reception, bar and restaurant.
Good food for dinner and breakfast.
Spacious and pleasant room. Odd to find electric kettle situated in open wardrobe hanging space. Room at front was very noisy with traffic noise from busy main road outside. Needed to keep windows open because of hot weather as room not air-conditioned, which of course made it noisier. Also intermittent background machinery noise. Winter-warmth duvet too hot for summer weather and no alternative bedding option.
Honest Lawyer Hotel
Breakfast was very poor.