- 6 guest reviews
"We had a lovely stay. Hotel was excellent...."
"We went to the water head to celebrate our anniversary. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We took our dog with us and the hote..."
"Very nice hotel and staff, food nice hotel spotless would definitely stay again...."
"We've eaten at the restaurant here before but never stayed at the hotel and decided to try it for a night before our week away. We were not..."
"My wife and i stayed here for our wedding anniversary. Nice touch was the card from the hotel and a view of lake Windemere. Treats in the ro..."
About the hotel
For six months from November 2003, the Waterhead Hotel underwent a £2. 7 million refurbishment and extension to become the Lake District's first four star Townhouse Hotel. You are now invited to experience the most contemporary and luxurious surroundings, staying in bedrooms with the most modern, yet user friendly, equipment, including CD/DVD players and flat screen TVs.
Whilst the Waterhead's facilities have been transformed, what has remained is the relaxing Lakeside setting and superlative views over Waterhead Bay with its backdrop of Wetherlam Fell and Coniston Old Man. Probably the most spectacular time to appreciate the view is as the sun sets behind the fells, the sky turns crimson and the lake reflects this beauty. Now picture yourself admiring this majestic natural spectacle from the comfortable surroundings of the Bay Bar and Lounge whilst being presented with a glass of your favourite tipple. Or allow yourself to be pampered with our courteous, friendly, anticipatory and professional service in the Bay Restaurant. The menu features local produce imaginatively prepared and presented. Lessening the number of 'food miles' (distance from producer to plate) is an important consideration for Chef Michael Weston-Cole. Should you fancy something more energetic, then the fells beckon from our doorstep, or you can utilise the complimentary membership of the Low Wood Leisure Club, which is located less than a mile from the Waterhead. Facilities include an indoor pool, sauna, solarium, gym and beauty treatments.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , Video/DVD Library , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
We had a lovely stay.
Hotel was excellent.
We went to the water head to celebrate our anniversary.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We took our dog with us and the hotel provided a dog bed, towel, food and water bowls and treats. This helped make our weekend special and the dog was allowed in the bar area for all meals