- Very Good
- 112 guest reviews
"Hotel accomodation was excellent, clean and tidy, bed very comfortable, the only exception that the ensuite was small with the sink and toil..."
"Staff was extremely helpful and couldn't do enough! Excellent Customer Service throughout my stay!..."
"We enjoyed a one-night-away break to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary. It was all we expected it to be. Comfortable, friendly, good fo..."
"Decent enough business hotel, reasonably priced with okay rooms. No complaints from me, but nothing to specifically draw me back unless I we..."
"The room was clean and very pleasant staff were neat, helpful and cheerful. The food was good and served with a smile. A very good experienc..."
About the hotel
You'll find the four-star Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel situated in an extremely convenient location on the outskirts of Preston, just 2 minutes from junction 31 of the M6 and overlooking the banks of the River Ribble. The hotel has recently completed a £500k refurbishment to transform its ground floor, including brand new reception, Costa Coffee lounge offering free, unlimited WiFi access and introduction of a Scottish Steak Club restaurant, the signature grill of Macdonald Hotels & Resorts. The Scottish Steak Club menu has been carefully crafted using fresh, seasonal produce and the best ingredients that we can source, including 21-day aged Aberdeen Angus beef.
It is our dedication to serving quality food that makes us different. Designed to appeal to both leisure and business guests travelling up and down the M6, Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel is within easy reach of Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester, the Trafford Centre and the Lake District National Park and offers free parking for all guests. Alongside our 98 extremely comfortable, airy and spacious bedrooms, many of which have also received a soft refurbishment, we have a range of modern meeting rooms, ideal for board meetings, training days and strategy conferences. For those looking to meet quickly over coffee our brand new lounge booths give you the privacy your meeting needs with Costa coffee readily available to you.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 23/10/2018 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The LateRooms.com rates for Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel in Preston are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel accomodation was excellent, clean and tidy, bed very comfortable, the only exception that the ensuite was small with the sink and toilet being to close together.
Staff where very friendly and helpful at all times, the breakfast was excellent with great variety to choose from. Found that refreshments was quite expensive, tea £3.50 beer £4 etc., otherwise great hotel facilities and would thoroughly recomend.
Excellent Customer Service
Staff was extremely helpful and couldn't do enough.
Excellent Customer Service throughout my stay!