- Very Good
- 109 guest reviews
"This is a superb 4 star hotel where the staff are so friendly and will do anything to help/assist. We had the most enjoyable staff at the Mc..."
"Well placed dog friendly Hotel just off the M6 for a stop-over if travelling South to North. Easy to find and get to with good front desk se..."
"I would have given 6 for quality of room (119) except for the fact the shower head was over the bath. Admittedly bars/handles were provided..."
"Food is expensive for its standard,more emphasis on presentation and not enough on quantity or quality...."
"I arrived at the hotel early for my daughter's graduation ceremony. I was delighted that the receptionist managed to get me a room straight..."
About the hotel
You'll find the four-star Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel situated in an extremely convenient location on the outskirts of Preston, just 2 minutes from junction 31 of the M6 and overlooking the banks of the River Ribble. The hotel has recently completed a £500k refurbishment to transform its ground floor, including brand new reception, Costa Coffee lounge offering free, unlimited WiFi access and introduction of a Scottish Steak Club restaurant, the signature grill of Macdonald Hotels & Resorts. The Scottish Steak Club menu has been carefully crafted using fresh, seasonal produce and the best ingredients that we can source, including 21-day aged Aberdeen Angus beef.
It is our dedication to serving quality food that makes us different. Designed to appeal to both leisure and business guests travelling up and down the M6, Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel is within easy reach of Blackpool, Liverpool, Manchester, the Trafford Centre and the Lake District National Park and offers free parking for all guests. Alongside our 98 extremely comfortable, airy and spacious bedrooms, many of which have also received a soft refurbishment, we have a range of modern meeting rooms, ideal for board meetings, training days and strategy conferences. For those looking to meet quickly over coffee our brand new lounge booths give you the privacy your meeting needs with Costa coffee readily available to you. - One child under 12 free of charge with existing beds - One child under 2 stays free of charge in a cot - £15. 00 charge per additional bed - Please call the hotel directly for extra beds / cots - £15. 00 per dog, per night
Showing Monday 31 August 2015 to Tuesday 1 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, In-room Modem Hook up, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 23/10/2018 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
This is a superb 4 star hotel where the staff are so friendly and will do anything to help/assist.
We had the most enjoyable staff at the McDonald tickled trout and would highly recommend this hotel to friends and family
Tickled Trout Hotel
Well placed dog friendly Hotel just off the M6 for a stop-over if travelling South to North.
Easy to find and get to with good front desk service. Room clean and nice size. Food OK although portions not overly big. Service at the bar was excellent - could do with having at least one Real ale available. Service in the restaurant was awful - very slow and indifferent for example, I ordered a glass of wine when my Steak arrived; I'd finished my meal by the time the wine arrived (which was incorrect to what I ordered anyway).