- 12 guest reviews
"The hotel is located in a quiet village with beautiful views. There is some, quiet, refurbishment work going on and the room I had, though d..."
"Sadly not a great hotel anymore, it would have been mixed 10 - 15 years ago, but sadly no longer. Many things wrong including lack lustre we..."
"Staff friendly, particularly at reception. I was given a large en suite twin room on the first floor. I thought the room and dining room a b..."
"The Staff were very helpful and friendly and the food was very good I could not fault there general services. My issue is with the building/..."
"stayed here for one night during half-term. Friendly, old hotel with large rooms, bit dated but comfortable and good value , food good, we w..."
About the hotel
This traditional hotel is set amidst the scenic splendour of the Cairngorm mountains and close to the Highland capital, Inverness as well as the ski slopes at Cairngorm & the Lecht. A first class base for sight seeing and touring the Highlands of Scotland. Within reach of, Inverness, Balmoral, Cairngorms, Loch Ness, Moray Firth, Culloden Battlefield, Cawdor Castle, John o' Groats, Isle of Skye, Wester Ross, Ben Nevis.
Activites on the doorstep include Golf, Fishing, Climbing, Cycling, Water Sports, Walking, Ski-ing, Horse Riding, Bird Watching, Tennis & Bowling. AA & Visit Scotland 3 star.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available , Pets Allowed , Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Pitch n' Putt , Bowls , Snooker/Billiards
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 19/10/2010 to 31/12/2025 - Please note: When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply. YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS ARE ONLY TAKEN TO SECURE BOOKING. PAYMENT MUST BE MADE AT THE HOTEL. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
50% would recommend it to a friend
A perfect hub to explore the area
The hotel is located in a quiet village with beautiful views.
There is some, quiet, refurbishment work going on and the room I had, though dated, was clean and comfortable. The staff were excellent and the food was good. There is a lift for anyone that struggles with stairs. There is also ample parking. I booked for two nights and ended up staying a third. I would have stayed another night but for prior commitments.
Sadly not a great hotel anymore, it would have been mixed 10 - 15 years ago, but sadly no longer.
Many things wrong including lack lustre welcome, no WiFi in rooms - only in reception and lounge areas. Food menu only available in reception - not a great choice there either. It wouldn't be difficult to give a copy to each guest as they arrive. Housekeeping not brilliant. There was what looked to be blood on the wall at the side of the bed, surely whoever was making the room should have checked....
It would be good to be able to open both windows rather than only one, leaving the room rather stuffy. Extra staff on reception during busy periods would be an advantage. Breakfast was fantastic as were the waiting staff there.
Views were exceptional but that would have been difficult given the location of the whole hotel.