- 21 guest reviews
"The hotel was absolutely perfect. Food was delicious. The rooms were faultless and everything was super clean. The only downfall was the ser..."
"Hotel was very clean, staff were very helpful and friendly, although dinner was a bit of a disappointment, food was lovely but unfortunately..."
"I have stayed at Thainstone House several times over a number of years and must admit that this time, it was not my first choice of accommod..."
"The gym excellent and pool sauna etc perfect what I was looking for bar staff excellent only downside was breakfast we entered at 9.30 asked..."
"Room was very good but breakfast needed to be better organised and staff not really watching what was going on...."
About the hotel
Set in acres of private garden and lush meadowland, Thainstone House Hotel has been lovingly designed to provide superb levels of hospitality. In the very heart of rural Aberdeenshire, you find yourself in an oasis of tranquillity, a majestic Palladian Mansion where you can relax in luxury as our friendly staff make you feel immediately at home. Whilst today Thainstone provides the ultimate in four star luxury, it is impossible to escape its impressive history.
In the 18th Century, the Jacobites put Thainstone to torch, however James Wilson of Thainstone escaped the fire and fled to America, where he later put his name to the American Declaration of Independence. Under new ownership in the 19th Century, the present mansion was redesigned by renowned architect Archibald Simpson, who was responsible for shaping much of the present day city of Aberdeen. Now considered a great property Thainstone enjoys elegant furnishings and restful décor, perfectly complementing the excellent facilities you would expect to find in such a hotel. With many original features and exceptional standards of service Thainstone House Hotel & Spa is renowned for offering 'luxury in the heart of rural Aberdeenshire'. *Please Note* The sauna at Thainstone House Hotel is currently out of action until further notice due to refurbishment.
Showing Tuesday 28 July 2015 to Wednesday 29 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi, Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
81% would recommend it to a friend
Thainstone House Hotel and Spa
The hotel was absolutely perfect.
Food was delicious. The rooms were faultless and everything was super clean. The only downfall was the service. We didn't get shown all the leisure facilities, and waiting on dinner was very slow.
Hotel was very clean, staff were very helpful and friendly, although dinner was a bit of a disappointment, food was lovely but unfortunately we had to wait 20-30 for each course so was left very hungry, waitress did not have a clue about the food on the menu which I feel they should be able to give you information about what you are eating.also when we arrived the bar was empty no one came to serve us for a good 20 minutes.
Enjoyed our stay but don't think we would come back.