- Very Good
- 24 guest reviews
"The room was satisfactory but there was a peculiar and off putting smell in the corridors -- fungus? vacuuming powder? There is no lift. The..."
"Really helpful staff, awesome room with really good facilities. Very happy..."
"My second stay at this hotel. Good size rooms and clean. Attractive hotel on the inside with beams. Friendly staff and very accommodating -..."
"The room was hard to get to. Had to walk up stairs along a corridor through a long amazing old corridor and then down stairs and then throug..."
"Avoid any room around 216, including 216..."
About the hotel
The oldest Hotel in England’s oldest recorded town. The BEST WESTERN Rose and Crown Hotel, originally a 14th century posting house, lovingly restored to a modern day hotel. Twelve Superior rooms renovated October 2013 with, Eco LED Lighting, Superior Soft Furnishings and beverages, including mineral water and hot chocolate, Contemporary art work, Safes, I Pod docking station and Ultra modern bathrooms with rainfall shower, no touch mirror lighting giving a very clean & crisp look.
Alternatively, choose from the historic oak beamed rooms in the original house, or the more contemporary rooms in the Executive building. Free Wifi throughout the hotel. The Tudor Bar Brasserie offers a wide selection of dishes from pub classics to contemporary fair and for those cold winter nights a real log fire to welcome you to enjoy a real ale or fine wine. The hotel is within walking distance of Colchester Town centre (15 minutes) and accessible to all the historic sights of East Anglia. The BEST WESTERN Rose & Crown in Colchester was awarded Best Business Tourism Initiative for Essex.
Showing Monday 4 May 2015 to Tuesday 5 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/02/2013 to 31/12/2022 - *Please note that the rooms in the main building have beams and low ceilings, as this is a period property. Guests can contact the hotel if this is a problem and rooms can be allocated accordingly.* The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
A Night in Colchester
The room was satisfactory but there was a peculiar and off putting smell in the corridors -- fungus.
vacuuming powder. There is no lift. The hotel is difficult to find and access. It is a long way uphill to the centre of town. It has a pleasant bar with reasonable prices.
Friendly staff, really nice room
Really helpful staff, awesome room with really good facilities.