- Very Good
- 46 guest reviews
"The location and facilities are all great however, the service and access to facilities left much to be desired. We were on a 3 day short br..."
"Lovely welcoming hotel set in beautiful grounds. Staff were all polite & happy. We were upgraded on arrival 2 Suites, which were lovely room..."
"My mother-in-law booked this as a surprise 1st wedding anniversary gift on arrival they surprised us both by upgrading our room. We had a gr..."
"Very very nice hotel from the moment you get to the hotel until The time you leave. Everybody at the hotel could not do enough for you nothi..."
"Lovely hotel. Great room. Let down by really poor breakfast - more like a 2 star than a 5 star hotel..."
About the hotel
Once an elegant private house dating back to the 1830's, a long sweeping driveway and seven acres of landscaped gardens front the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel. Free wifi available in all public areas, meetings rooms and guest rooms. The 129 non-smoking bedrooms are furnished with a subtle blend of colours and maintain the atmosphere and appearance of a private house.
The Vellore Restaurant, once a ballroom and host to the season's sparkling debutantes, offers traditional English fare in an elegant setting. The Alfresco Restaurant is the bustling colonnade restaurant, with views out across the formal garden. The style is less formal, eclectic and an oasis of enjoyment. A Mediterranean style menu is served. The Spa is a wonderful relaxing environment. The facilities include a Jacuzzi, Infra Red Heat Cabin, Rock Sauna, Experience Showers, Ice room, Aroma Steam and Salt Infusion rooms. There are 5 beauty treatment rooms and a relaxation room. In the fully equipped gymnasium, qualified instructors are on hand to offer lifestyle consultations. They then design an exercise programme that's just right for you, which means you will get into shape at a pace that feels comfortable. Outside during the summer months, you can challenge a partner to a game of croquet on the lawn. [Policies - Beauty treatments should be booked prior to arrival to avoid disappointment. Children up to 14 years old are welcome to use the swimming pool between 8am to 5pm within the designated children's lanes and must be accompanied by an adult. Children do not have access to the Thermal Suite and Hydro Pool. If dining is the Vellore restaurant, guests are requested to wear smart casual dress. ] Onsite parking is available at a cost of £5. 00 per 24 hours.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Croquet
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:30 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 10/10/2011 to 20/10/2016 - The card used to book this prepaid rate must be presented to reception on arrival at the hotel. Please note that failure to do so will result in an alternative payment method being required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
85% would recommend it to a friend
5* Accommodation, 3* Service
The location and facilities are all great however, the service and access to facilities left much to be desired.
We were on a 3 day short break with a planned schedule, expecting to be able to book spa treatments but not possible as all therapists were booked up on the days that we could make. Breakfast was good but not exceptional food and the service in the dining room was chaotic, with staff cruising the room regularly but expert at avoiding eye contact. We and many in the room were left for long periods waiting for food to be delivered and for top ups to coffee, toast etc. The management appeared to be lax and there didn't appear to be any particular server allocated to a group of tables, consequently, different servers brought food, orders were wrong, and a simple request for more toast took over 10 minutes to deliver on Thursday there was a queue for the restaurant at 9:00. 5* impossible to believe. on our invoice the following day, there was a note to say that Thursdays are busy Why. And why not pre-warn rather than let us know afterwards. We didn't eat in the restaurant. it appeared to be very expensive and if the evening service were to be as the breakfast one, it wouldn't have been a good experience. There are great and modestly priced restaurants locally, all easily bookable even in the high season. Finally, on our last but one day our bedroom was serviced, but not to a 5* standard. The bed was obviously hastily pulled together and tucked in. No cushions, no throw. Not acceptable. All of these issues seem to be management type ones which with a closer eye to detail and better organisation would not happen. So, 5* accommodation, 3* service. Not worth £215 a night. I've stayed in better at £85 a night.
Macdonald Spa Hotel
Lovely welcoming hotel set in beautiful grounds.
Staff were all polite & happy. We were upgraded on arrival 2 Suites, which were lovely rooms. Good spa facilities. Good location for bath city centre.