- Very Good
- 174 guest reviews
"Room and hotel were absolutely perfect, would have been a prefect hotel if it was not let down by the very poor breakfast, have had better a..."
"Great shopping/theatre break! The Palace hotel instantly impresses with its grand reception area and friendly staff! Its a very impressive b..."
"We had a fabulous time here, all the staff we encountered were warm, friendly and helpful...."
"Beautiful bar/restaurant and reception area. Contemporary, clean and quiet. Room quite small but finished to a high standard..."
"Great building, service, room, 5 stars. We were aware that there would be building work going, but this was reflected in the price and the w..."
About the hotel
The Palace Hotel is being given a multi-million pound facelift. Brand new, loft-style bedrooms and suites offer some of the most comfortable, distinctive and generously appointed hotel rooms in the city, with brand new beds and televisions, Neal’s Yard bathroom amenities and round-the-clock room service. You can be one of the very first guests to experience the new-look Palace – and enjoy great value, introductory rates whilst the builders put the finishing touches to public spaces and the destination bar and restaurant, opening later this summer.
Situated right in the heart of vibrant Manchester on Oxford St, sits the iconic four-star Palace Hotel with its distinctive clock tower soaring over the Manchester skyline. For business, you are at the very centre of the commercial and business district, opposite Oxford Rd train station and just a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly station both of which are served frequently from Manchester International Airport. For short break guests, you’re in an extremely convenient location to uncover everything that Manchester has to offer. The Palace Theatre is across the road, Harvey Nichols and the main shopping district is close-by as is the Opera House, Manchester Central, the MEN Arena for world-famous concerts and Bridgewater Hall, home to the amazing Halle Orchestra. For football fanatics, Manchester is home to United and City and both stadiums can be reached easily from The Palace Hotel. Parking is available at NCP Manchester Palace Car park’ on Whitworth Street a short walk from the hotel. The reduced rate for 24 hours/Overnight car parking is £15. This is payable locally at the Hotel. ‘We will be investing in the future of this historic building to create a stunning new restaurant and destination bar. Whilst we are doing so, from January to August 2016, our current restaurant will be closed. We look forward to revealing our new look and restoring The Palace Hotel to its original glory. ’
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Translation Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (Other)
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/09/2016 to 26/09/2025 - We strongly recommend you book a table for Dinner ahead of your visit to make a restaurant reservation please contact the hotel directly. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Very impressive room and hotel let down by the breakfast
Room and hotel were absolutely perfect, would have been a prefect hotel if it was not let down by the very poor breakfast, have had better at a holiday in, would however stay again, was a very nice hotel.
Noise is a major issue
2 major complaints: bad sound isolation between the rooms where phone conversations or TV sounds from next door feels in your room.
This especially in the evenings. During the afternnoons the conference rooms facing the residence rooms create noise. Shortly, a noisy hotel. Also the fire alarm system which went on several times during my stay (results of testing once at 4AM another time at 4PM) where nothing was wrong but also no information was given to the clients by personeel makes the management and service unprofessional.