- Very Good
- 274 guest reviews
"Have stayed at The Palace on previous occasions. The hotel is ideal for our purposes, being as it is next door to The Palace Theatre. The st..."
"I booked the hotel for my mum and grandma, they absolutely loved it! Staff were so friendly and helpful with everything and the rooms were s..."
"Staff were very friendly and welcoming, hotel is clean and the room comfortable I will be returning and recommending to friends and family...."
"Staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean and comfortable. Not much of a view but location of my room was nice and quiet. Downside was the..."
"Good value for the money. Staff were friendly and efficient. Room was huge very clean, lovely Victorian features, but could do with a little..."
About the hotel
Dramatic interior designs by Michaelis Boyd are bringing a new sense of style and modernity to The Palace Hotel in Manchester, whilst the refurbished ballroom is the biggest hotel event space in the North of England. Situated right in the heart of vibrant Manchester on Oxford St, sits the iconic four-star Palace Hotel with its distinctive clock tower soaring over the Manchester skyline. For business, you are at the very centre of the commercial and business district, opposite Oxford Rd train station and just a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly station both of which are served frequently from Manchester International Airport.
The hotel has the North of England's largest event space our spectacular Grand Room which can comfortably cater for up to 1000 guests, we also have a fully equipped business centre and a further 18 Conference and Event rooms perfect for a meeting, private dinner or celebration. For short break guests, you’re in an extremely convenient location to uncover everything that Manchester has to offer. The Palace Theatre is across the road, Harvey Nichols and the main shopping district is close-by as is the Opera House, Manchester Central, the MEN Arena for world-famous concerts and Bridgewater Hall, home to the amazing Halle Orchestra. For football fanatics, Manchester is home to United and City and both stadiums can be reached easily from The Palace Hotel. When there is so much to see and do, after a day exploring the city, our Bar and Restaurant is a haven to relax and unwind with its wide range of cocktails, coffees and mouth watering menu with food to suit your every mood. Parking is available at NCP Manchester Palace Car park’ on Whitworth Street a short walk from the hotel. The reduced rate for 24 hours/Overnight car parking is £15. This is payable locally at the Hotel. ‘We will be investing in the future of this historic building to create a stunning new restaurant and destination bar. Whilst we are doing so, from January to July 2016, our current restaurant will be closed and breakfast will be moved to a different location within the hotel. We look forward to revealing our new look and restoring The Palace Hotel to its original glory. ’
Showing Sunday 29 November 2015 to Monday 30 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Translation Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , Radio
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/01/2016 to 30/04/2016 - We will be investing in this historic building to create a stunning new restaurant. From Jan to Apr 16, our current restaurant will be closed and breakfast will be moved to a different location The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
Palace hotel review
Do not select single occupancy when booking as you get put in a shoe box!
Ideal for Palace Theatre
Have stayed at The Palace on previous occasions.
The hotel is ideal for our purposes, being as it is next door to The Palace Theatre. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The room was spacious and clean. However, the decor was a little tired and in need of a make over. For example, a couple of the wooden floor blocks had rotted away leaving a very noticeable 'pothole' and the clothes hook on the bathroom door was missing. Just felt that this iconic Manchester landmark good do with a little TCL treatment.