- Very Good
- 40 guest reviews
"Overall, the hotel was clean and tidy, although undergoing upgrading, the external grounds were rather untidy in places...."
"ON arrival allocated room no. 227. at first ok. Following morning discovered roof leak in bathroom. After reporting to reception. Agreed to..."
"I had an amazing view from my hotel window which was worth the price alone however the food was very pricey and actually pretty poor. The ro..."
"The location of this hotel is superb, overlooking the sands of Morecambe Bay, with a feeling of the Lakeland fells nearby. The panoramic vie..."
"Just as I expected. Hearty breakfast...."
About the hotel
This charming and comfortable hotel is located only 6 miles from Lake Windermere. Set in 20 acres of private gardens and woodlands with views overlooking Morecambe Bay, you will be assured of a warm and friendly welcome. There is an outdoor tennis court, putting green, children's play area and woodland walk while indoors there is a full sized snooker table, table tennis and dart-board.
There are 124 bedrooms within this large hotel. Due to the age and nature of this grand old building all bedrooms are individual in size and shape but all have as standard - en-suite bathrooms, television, hairdryer, direct dial telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. There are a large selection of room types available, including Family Rooms, Suites, Four-Poster suites and stunning Bay View Rooms. Free Wi-Fi in public areas and free parking to all guest. Restaurant, Bar and special menus on request.
- Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Tennis Courts , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/01/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Please note: When booking more than 5 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Overall, the hotel was clean and tidy, although undergoing upgrading, the external grounds were rather untidy in places.
Nice but outdated
We booked a stay at the Grand hotel for our anniversary.
The hotel is gorgeous and set in beautiful grounds. On the outside it's really impressive. Unfortunately our room was really outdated and not worth the money we paid. We appreciate it is a Victorian hotel, but it clearly hadn't been decorated for many a year with peeling wallpaper and two twin beds with unpleasant bedding. The bathroom was also run down, with a big crack in the ceiling which water came through in the morning. The food was very overpriced and underwhelming. We waited fifteen minutes for someone to come and take our drink order. Nobody offered us dessert. The two Scottish barmen were fantastic however; very attentive and good fun.
We wanted a romantic getaway in the country, but there would have been more luxury if we had booked a premier inn.