- Very Good
- 2 guest reviews
"The chateau is located in a beautiful corner of France's Haute-Saone department with spectacular rolling countryside in all directions. Lyin..."
"Wow! Is the first word that comes to mind when you arrive. Don't think we've ever stayed anywhere where we've had such a special place almos..."
About the hotel
Built in only a few years, this castle constitutes one of the most beautiful copies of Louis XIII architecture. It is said that Eiffel and Garnier were the architects. This is a private Castle whose actual owners' family dates back from the time of Charlemagne.
Corinne and Jean-Pierre Potet are living there with their three childrens. They are all absolutely charming and will do their utmost to make your stay there unforgettable. Year after year they renovate and refurbish the bedrooms whose names are steeped in History such as : Empire, Honneur, Rotonde and Montebello. The original Castle was destroyed by fire in 1871 and the rebuilt one now houses a fabulous museum you can visit and admire as have done De Gaulle and Churchill who stayed here for a while. By previous arrangement meals are served in the friendly table d'hôtes style, with a healthy cuisine prepared in the family kitchen. This Chateau offers a unique venue for all types of events, including weddings, fashion shows and receptions. Meeting rooms (up to 100 people) can host your training courses, seminars or conference. The wife of Marquis de Lafayette was family 'sancestor.
- 24 Hour Reception , Babysitting services , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Interconnecting rooms available , Childrens Facilities - Indoor , Doctor on call
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Outdoor Pool , Golf 18 Hole , Croquet , Bowls , Badminton , Fishing , Horse Riding
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rate for Chateau De Villersexel in Villersexel is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 0.45(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Charm, opulence and Location
The chateau is located in a beautiful corner of France's Haute-Saone department with spectacular rolling countryside in all directions.
Lying in the centre of a picturesque village with all ameneties it provides a unique experience of staying in a stately home where the ancestral owners are still resident. The Chateau is resplendant with the original furnishings that were lovingly 're-acquired" post looting at the end of the war by the current Baron, your charming host. His heir is focused on bringing new life to the chateau organising concerts and events year round to the benefit of guests and the locals. The surrounding woods provide an escape for contemplation or sport as well.
A unique place to stay
Is the first word that comes to mind when you arrive. Don't think we've ever stayed anywhere where we've had such a special place almost to ourselves...and a personal tour of the chateau was a bonus. Only surprise (apart from the mannequins in the hallway and the llama in the grounds) was that our booking confirmation added breakfast at £0, yet we were charged an extra 90euros for breakfast during our stay. Taken as a whole 130euros per night was ok.....but f you break it down to 30euros per couple for croissant, baguette and a slice of tart then breakfast is expensive. That said we very much enjoyed our stay in this very special place.