- Very Good
- 1 guest reviews
"Wow! Is the first word that comes to mind when you arrive. Don't think we've ever stayed anywhere where we've had such a special place almos..."
About the hotel
Built in only a few years, this castle constitutes one of the most beautiful copies of Louis XIII architecture. It is said that Eiffel and Garnier were the architects. This is a private Castle whose actual owners' family dates back from the time of Charlemagne.
Corinne and Jean-Pierre Potet are living there with their three childrens. They are all absolutely charming and will do their utmost to make your stay there unforgettable. Year after year they renovate and refurbish the bedrooms whose names are steeped in History such as : Empire, Honneur, Rotonde and Montebello. The original Castle was destroyed by fire in 1871 and the rebuilt one now houses a fabulous museum you can visit and admire as have done De Gaulle and Churchill who stayed here for a while. By previous arrangement meals are served in the friendly table d'hôtes style, with a healthy cuisine prepared in the family kitchen. This Chateau offers a unique venue for all types of events, including weddings, fashion shows and receptions. Meeting rooms (up to 100 people) can host your training courses, seminars or conference. The wife of Marquis de Lafayette was family 'sancestor.
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Wedding Licence, Doctor on call
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Outdoor Pool, Golf 18 Hole, Croquet, Bowls, Badminton, Fishing, Horse Riding
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Chateau De Villersexel in Villersexel are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A unique place to stay
Is the first word that comes to mind when you arrive. Don't think we've ever stayed anywhere where we've had such a special place almost to ourselves...and a personal tour of the chateau was a bonus. Only surprise (apart from the mannequins in the hallway and the llama in the grounds) was that our booking confirmation added breakfast at £0, yet we were charged an extra 90euros for breakfast during our stay. Taken as a whole 130euros per night was ok.....but f you break it down to 30euros per couple for croissant, baguette and a slice of tart then breakfast is expensive. That said we very much enjoyed our stay in this very special place.