- Very Good
- 78 guest reviews
"Arrived late but had friendly and efficient welcome. Room was clean but too warm, even though heating wasn't on. Could hear people in room..."
"Nice hotel good clean room very comfortable. We booked the 3/4 size bed but it was still a double bed...."
"We enjoyed our visit and found all the staff pleasant and obliging at De Vere Venues New Place. We liked the accommodation and leisure facil..."
"Very enjoyable stay - a touch of luxury with the swimming pool and Jacuzzi, plus excellent food and friendly staff...."
"very good value for money and the room was very clean and tidy..."
About the hotel
Located in 32 acres of exquisite parkland, New Place effortlessly combines a Grade 1 listed manor house with a modern conference centre. Located close to Southampton and is only 8 miles from Marwell Zoo, the hotel has easy access to the M3 and M27 along with fast rail links to London and is close to Southampton Airport, making it ideally placed for events and breaks to Southampton. New Place offers an extensive range of bedroom accommodation located in a delightful mews quarter a short walk from the manor house along with a gym, a swimming pool*, a cricket pitch and croquet lawn.
The stylish restaurant and barare located in the manor house and free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Offering over 40 contemporary event suites, state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment, free Wi-Fi and a dedicated in-house events team, the hotel is ideal for meetings, training, conferences and events. The ornate wrought-iron gates, wonderful charm and pretty gardens add to the atmosphere and make the venue ideal for wedding and a range of celebrations.
Visit the historic Portsmouth dockyard and see all the wonders of what the port offers to the sea. West Quay is located in the heart of Southampton city centre and boasts over 90 high street stores spread over three shopping levels and all under cover. Gun Wharf Quays is home to 90 designer outlets, 30 cosmopolitan bars, restaurants and coffee shops, a health & fitness centre, a 14 screen Vue cinema, a 26 lane Bowlplex, and nightclub.
The nearest station main station is Southampton Parkway, which is approximately one hour from London Waterloo. Southampton Parkway is 12 miles from New Place. Trains from London Waterloo also connect with Botley and Fareham stations, each under 10 miles from New Place. Southampton Airport is 10 miles away. There is a taxi rank at the airport.
Public parking is possible, reservation is not needed.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Sauna , Steam Rooms , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Croquet , Tennis Courts
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/09/2012 to 31/12/2021 - Please note if paying by a credit card, there is a GBP 2.50 transaction fee. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Arrived late but had friendly and efficient welcome.
Room was clean but too warm, even though heating wasn't on.
Could hear people in room above.
Will never stay again.
Housekeeping managed poorly. Also woken up at night with people banging on my door. Paid for breakfast but room so dirty didn't want to go to the restaurant. Staff very kind and deputy manager tried to clean worst of mess. This hotel could be amazing if cleanliness was taken more seriously. I would strongly suggest that the hotel's manager needs to inspect rooms more regularly.