- 7 guest reviews
"Room I had was very cramped but other rooms offer more space..."
"The accommodation was a little tired and in need of decoration and update but the bed was comfortable and clean the room was adequate, the f..."
"the Punchbowl Inn is a well founded pub with very friendly and helpful staff. The room was comfortable and more than sufficient for a one ni..."
"We were in the area for a business meeting and required overnight accommodation which was pet friendly. The Punch Bowl met all of our requir..."
"Quite a nice place, but more of a guest house than a hotel as it doesn't have a residents' licence or night porter; late night entry is via..."
About the hotel
Family run, The Punchbowl Inn is the main guest accommodation in Thorne. Originally built as the home of a mine deputy, The Punchbowl Inn has undergone an extensive and sympathetic refurbishment to provide a quality, warm and friendly venue. With easy access to Humberside Airport and Robin Hood Airport, Doncaster Sheffield.
We are just a ½ mile from J6 M18, 1 mile from the M180 & only 5 minutes from the M62. This gives excellent links to Goole, Hull, Doncaster Sheffield and leeds. Our individually styled bedrooms offer the ideal resting place for the business traveler, tourist or even when visiting family & friends. Every room has en-suite shower room, remote control TV with freeview, trouser press and tea & coffee making facilities. We serve a comprehensive menu of home-made food using the freshest and finest seasonal local produce. Dine in our large, comfortable library or separate conservatory, or in the summer, in our spacious beer garden with outdoor seating.
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
57% would recommend it to a friend
Alright for a drink but not good for accommodation.
Quite a nice place to pop in and have a drink, pleasant setting etc but not really good to stay over night.
The evening bar staff were very good but the morning staff couldn't even be bothered to say "Good morning". The room was of poor quality even though it was advertised as Superior, hardly enough room to swing a cat, and in desperate need of some extra cleaning and a lick of paint, the view out of the window mainly thousands of gig butts, obviously visitors smoking in the bedroom windows and throwing them outside, and a broken up wardrobe or similar that had obviously been there a long while. The breakfast was very poor, uncooked eggs, cold baked beans, deep fried tough sausages, deep fried mushrooms, and no choice of type of toast, and finally the staff couldn't even be bothered to show us how to get out of the building, the front door being bolted.
Good Business Hotel.
Room I had was very cramped but other rooms offer more space