- 16 guest reviews
"The rating would have been 5 - 6 all the way through aside for the fact that I had arrived at my room with not very long to spare before I h..."
"Basic travelodge room. What you need for a bed for the night. Very handy location...."
"The hotel from the outside looks awful due to the age of the but when you walk through the door its a good old travelodge! Can't fault the h..."
"It was ok the rate was £10 more and you had to pay for parking (£10 after 10am) which was about a 5 minute walk away! There was no phone in..."
About the hotel
Situated just 0. 8 miles from the city of Reading and 0. 5 miles from Reading train station, the Reading Central hotel is an excellent choice if you’re looking for accommodation around this historic, bustling Berkshire town.
This location is ideal for families, with Legoland Windsor only 20 miles away, offering rides and activities that children will love, and other major theme parks such as Thorpe Park, also found nearby. If you’d like to explore a little local history, the historic charm of Windsor Castle, famous for its Royal links, is just 15 miles away. There are plenty of other fantastic attractions nearby and the hotel is only 2. 6 miles from the University of Reading, making this a great option if you are visiting students there. Guests can enjoy a wide variety of food and drink choices within easy walking distance of this hotel. All rooms feature a comfy king size bed with four plump pillows and a cosy duvet. Useful information Due to town centre location some external noise may be heard. Early/Late Check-In/Out Service – if you’re looking to make the most of your day we can offer an Early Check-In service from 12:00noon and a Late Check-Out Service until 2pm so you have more time to relax - cost is £10 per service, per room, subject to availability - bookable direct by telephoning the hotel. For guests wishing to bring domestic pets please visit our website www. travelodge. co. uk for more detail on charges and terms and conditions. Please note that Guide dogs, Hearing dogs, and other animals to aid disability are exempt from charge.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception
- Breakfast to go
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 13/07/2014 to 31/12/2020 - Payment must be made on arrival at the hotel, by either credit/debit card/cash. When paying cash, either photo identification (passport/driver's license), or a valid credit or debit card are required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
44% would recommend it to a friend
The rating would have been 5 - 6 all the way through aside for the fact that I had arrived at my room with not very long to spare before I had to leave it.
I did not return until 2am and had not taken into account that the bed only had a single sheet. I awoke cold at around 3am and continued to stir at regular intervals until I woke to get up at 6:30am. The room did have a duvet in a bag on the top of the wardrobe. I had not seen it and there was no literature guiding me to it. Certainly at 3am in the morning I was not thinking, just trying to stay asleep. I would encourage Travel Lodge to make the beds with enough bedding and leave it to the individual to remove the bedding not required as a better option. The receptionist asked me how my stay went and showed interest in my comment.
Not Worth The Money
All I can say is not worth the money.
No restaurant, no bar, TV in room struggled with signal. Its a shame really for the amount. I have never seen a travel lodge that poor in standard.