- Very Good
- 11 guest reviews
"Overnight stay on Saturday night very noisy until 2 in the morning no car park room was clean only one person and they were serving at the b..."
"Very friendly staff excellent service would use again !..."
"The staff at the Castle Bar were all very friendly and the room decent but if you plan to spend Friday and Saturday nights at the hotel be a..."
"Great room breakfast was excellent staff very friendly ...."
"My wife and I were very happy with our overnight stay at the Castle, fantastic value for money with a lovely breakfast too. There was a prob..."
About the hotel
A Charming Family owned Hotel in the centre of the Market Town, Bishop Auckland. Nestling in the Wear Valley within easy reach of Barnard Castle, Newcastle Darlington and Durham and only 10 minutes from the A1. Recently refurbished over 3 floors with 10 rooms ranging from single, twin, double or delux double, catering for the family holiday with a joining rooms, to the business traveler looking for that individual hotel rather than the faceless chains.
Only 200 yards from the entrance of Auckland Castle, the Bishop of Durham's residence and National Heritage site. The downstairs bar serves meals from 10. 30am until 8pm with a separate A la Carte dinning room on the middle floor overlooking the market square for those special occasions (7pm until 11. 30pm) & breakfasts for the guests (7am until 11. 30am). Function rooms are also available for co operate guests who would like conference facilities available from 10 up to 100 with special rates for all 10 rooms available - forward booking advisable. All rooms have been refurbished to a high standard and are all en suite with baths and showers. Breakfast is included in your room price with evening meals (A la Carte or bar) accommodated if required as part of the rate - please inquire for details when checking in. Plenty of local activities available from walking to fishing, cycling and historic local buildings including Auckland Castle with Bishop Auckland Golf Course only 1 mile away - Golf Parties welcome.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 10:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
64% would recommend it to a friend
Breakfast awful, no sleep due to noise
The hotel was lovely as was the room and staff, the breakfast however was terrible couldn't eat it at all.
The room was lovely but the noise of a loud water tank being filled every 5 minutes kept me awake all night, went straight home to bed for a decent sleep.
The Castle Bar Hotel
Overnight stay on Saturday night very noisy until 2 in the morning no car park room was clean only one person and they were serving at the bar as well as checking people in and they dont serve any food on friday saturday nights would have liked to have that information before I booked