- 14 guest reviews
"Lovely place to stay very clean very relaxing have booked another stay...."
"A friendly ambience and a first class hotel. Dinner was the same standard as any posh London hotel. The room was luxurious. The only drawbac..."
"Everything was to a very high standard..."
"Lovely hotel, great breakfast...."
About the hotel
Nestled on the shores of England’s longest and most beautiful lake you will find Cragwood Country House Hotel. Set in its own secluded, twenty-acre estate of beautiful landscaped gardens and woodland and with stunning views overlooking Lake Windermere, it’s hard to resist a relaxing Lake District break at Cragwood. As soon as you step through the front door of this beautiful country house, you’ll discover an oasis of comfort, warmth and relaxation.
The informal and friendly service is so good you’ll hardly notice it. It’s our job to make you feel at home…which isn’t hard once you sit back and unwind in one of our cosy lounges or drawing rooms and take in the spectacular lake views over a freshly brewed coffee or maybe a glass of chilled wine. From the mouth-watering food and drink to the stylish and comfy bedrooms, a short break at Cragwood will leave you feeling pampered, stress-free…. and wanting more. If you are looking for the perfect Lake District hotel then look no further. . . you have just found us! A little bit of history. . . . Cragwood was originally designed by Frank Dunkerley and built in 1910 for the industrialist Albert Warburton. The house is built from stone quarried in its own grounds and these quarries, which are now a feature of the water gardens, also provided the stone for the famous round house on Belle Isle and many of the houses on the opposite shore of the lake. Many of the Cragwood's original features have been retained and lovingly restored including beautiful wood panelling and magnificent fireplaces. The Edwardian Gardens, landscaped at the turn of the century by Thomas Mawson, lead down to the shore of Lake Windermere where we have half a mile of lake frontage. Scattered across the shore, both above and below the water-line, are the curious "Inscribed Rocks of Windermere" and on which the recluse John Longmire carved the names of his heroes and enthusiasms in stone.
Showing Sunday 1 May 2016 to Monday 2 May 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet , Bowls
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Cragwood Country House Hotel
Cragwood Country House Hotel
Lovely place to stay very clean very relaxing have booked another stay.