- 12 guest reviews
"stayed here while daughter has trial in kitchen. Very relaxing plenty of rooms to relax while you have a drink. they had a wedding on the ne..."
"Lovely place to stay very clean very relaxing have booked another stay...."
"A friendly ambience and a first class hotel. Dinner was the same standard as any posh London hotel. The room was luxurious. The only drawbac..."
"Everything was to a very high standard..."
About the hotel
Nestled on the shores of England’s longest and most beautiful lake you will find Cragwood Country House Hotel. Set in its own secluded, twenty-acre estate of beautiful landscaped gardens and woodland and with stunning views overlooking Lake Windermere, it’s hard to resist a relaxing Lake District break at Cragwood. As soon as you step through the front door of this beautiful country house, you’ll discover an oasis of comfort, warmth and relaxation.
Rooms are well appointed offering en-suite facilities, free wi-fi and LCD TV, some offering views over Lake Windermere. Free on site car parking is also available. The informal and friendly service is so good you’ll hardly notice it. It’s our job to make you feel at home…which isn’t hard once you sit back and unwind in one of our cosy lounges or drawing rooms and take in the spectacular lake views over a freshly brewed coffee or maybe a glass of chilled wine. From the mouth-watering food and drink to the stylish and comfy bedrooms, a short break at Cragwood will leave you feeling pampered, stress-free…. and wanting more. Cragwood Country House Hotel is located opposite the incredibly popular Borckhole Visitor Centre which includes the likes of Treetop Trek, lake cruises, play area. Within 5 minutes’ drive guests can reach the World Of Beatrix Potter, Dove Cottage, Wray Castle and also other popular towns such as Abmleside and Windermere. If you are looking for the perfect Lake District hotel then look no further. . . you have just found us!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Croquet , Bowls
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 29/07/2016 to 31/12/2025 - Well behaved pets are permitted by prior arrangement, will be charged £20 per stay. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
stayed here while daughter has trial in kitchen.
Very relaxing plenty of rooms to relax while you have a drink. they had a wedding on the next day. Slight night while rest of guest settled down. Bed was very comfortable and room clean. Slightly out of the way of things. Patio area was lovely to sit and admire the view.
Cragwood Country House Hotel