- 13 guest reviews
"Denise made us all feel very welcome. The whole place was very homely. It was the little extras I liked, little sweets everywhere, for us to..."
"Lovely hotel. Denise the proprietor was hugely welcoming and she went to great lengths to make us very comfortable. We especially loved the..."
"Denise and her staff are very welcoming and helpful. This is a lovely old building which is tastefully decorated with fresh flowers in the c..."
"It was worth staying at Newton House just for the breakfast, which was delicious and reminded me what a good English breakfast was. Everyone..."
"Great breakfast with locally sourced ingredients highly recomended . Good location to visit the town..."
About the hotel
Wonderful 300-year-old townhouse, with 12 bedrooms, in centre of Knaresborough, just 5 mins from the A1M, and close to Harrogate and the Great Yorkshire Showground. Ideally situated for exploring Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire Moors and York; and town centre location particularly good for guests travelling by public transport (just 10 mins walk from train station, and buses every 7 mins to Harrogate). Allegedly built with stone from Knaresborough Castle, Newton House combines Georgian elegance with modern comforts and has been awarded 4 Gold Stars for excellence by the AA.
Bedrooms are individually-decorated and furnished to complement the character of the building, and provide everything you could need for a comfortable nights stay. Spacious guest sitting-room, with the smallest bar in Knaresborough which is operated as an honesty bar for guests' convenience. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms; small private car park with space for 8/9 cars. Award-winning breakfasts using local, free-range & home-made produce. (Newton House has been shortlisted for the 'Best Yorkshire Breakfast' in the 2014 Yorkshire Post and Deliciously Yorkshire Taste Awards. ) Two Family rooms and two pet-friendly rooms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Video/DVD Library , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Exquiite guest house, fantastically clean. Breakfast was out of this world.
Denise made us all feel very welcome.
The whole place was very homely. It was the little extras I liked, little sweets everywhere, for us to help ourselves, and a tray full of goodies in our rooms. The fridge went off at night, thus not whirring all night.
Rooms were decorated to a very high spec, immaculatelly clean, and very inviting. Thankyou.
Trip to Knaresborough
Denise the proprietor was hugely welcoming and she went to great lengths to make us very comfortable. We especially loved the big soft bed which was wonderful.