- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"I have stayed in many hotels in this country and I thought that the Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel was exceptional. The decor was beau..."
"A treat if you are after something different, great old character building with plenty of atmosphere and quality furnishings,very pleasant s..."
"very nice place, staff and sevice first class. Hotel a little bit cold...."
"This hotel is fortunate to be filled with very nice, hard working staff who find nothing too much trouble to make an enjoyable stay for thei..."
"Could do with a couple of more choices on the evening menu, but what they did have was delicious. And the rooms really need to be sorted fo..."
About the hotel
Built in 1078, this elegant Northumbrian country house hotel is nestled in 32 acres of tranquil grounds and offers luxurious accommodation, award-winning dining, free Wi-Fi and parking. This historic property has been beautifully restored with original features such as oak panelling, stained-glass windows and open fireplaces cultivating an ambience of elegance and warmth. Fronted by beautiful terraced lawns and surrounded by woodland, the grounds include a large stretch of river and a private lake, perfect for scenic walks or a spot of fishing.
Each of 17 en-suite bedrooms has been individually decorated and furnished. For a truly special stay, they also offer luxurious four-poster rooms. The Hotel has garnered an exceptional reputation for its food with everything being created from the finest locally sourced ingredients. Located in the heart of Wild Redesdale, only 3 minutes from the A68 and 45 from Newcastle, it is perfect for visiting Hadrian’s Wall, Alnwick Castle, Kielder Water and Northumberland National Park.
Showing Wednesday 2 September 2015 to Thursday 3 September 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Fishing
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 18/02/2015 to 31/12/2015 - Please Note - the total price of the reservation may be charged anytime after booking as a deposit. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
A lovely experience in a very well cared for hotel in the heart of the Northumbrian countryside .
I have stayed in many hotels in this country and I thought that the Otterburn Castle Country House Hotel was exceptional.
The decor was beautiful , the welcome very warm , the food excellent and the service very good. So good in fact that my partner and I have booked another couple of days next month. I have already recommended it to my friends . though don't want too many people to know about it just in case they get too fully booked :)
A treat if you are after something different, great old character building with plenty of atmosphere and quality furnishings,very pleasant staff and a quality breakfast , only slight complaint is no staff available at night just in case of an Emergency but overall a very nice experience.