- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"The hotel is set amid spectacular grounds and scenery and close to the lovely village of West Gilling. The staff were excellent and very fri..."
"Excellent food. The Hotel was lovely also were the grounds and location, with many places of interest to visit. We would recommend this Hote..."
"The reception was very helpful and attentive. The evening meal was excellent and the beer first class.Unfortunately we had to leavevery earl..."
"This is a hidden Gem, absolutely perfect..."
"We arrived with a sense of trepidation after reading some of the reviews but found the staff and owners to be very welcoming.The food and wi..."
About the hotel
The Hall is listed among the top 10% of UK buildings of architectural and historic interest and it is set in 7 acres of ground with splendid trees. We offer old fashioned courtesy in a splendid country hall in superb grounds. We have a splendid Georgian Drawing Room, The Herriot Bar with a log fire in Winter and a Wedgwood style restaurant for relaxing dinners.
Informal dining is available in the Arches Restaurant. All our individually styled and tastefully decorated bedrooms have en-suite facilities, colour TV, coffee, robes, hair dryer, ironing board, Molten and Brown toiletries and a teddy bear called Fred. Front and side bedrooms have breathtaking views across the Yorkshire countryside We cater for conferences, private dinners/celebrations and wedding receptions. Exclusivity of the hall is available. Fabulous photographs can be taken at the main Arch or former orangery. Gift vouchers are available on request. We have over 9000 hand written guest comments expressing their delight with the hall. We are situated approximately 5 miles from Catterick and 10 miles from Darlington. Check in time is after 3. 30pm check out time is 11am. Car parking and complimentary wifi. We have a beautiful superior downstairs en-suite room available at £165 for the room per night that has the disabled in mind. Single and double standard rooms are the smaller basic rooms at the rear of the hall. A non-returnable deposit of £50 per person is required on day of booking.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Disabled Facilities , Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Airport Shuttle , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Like staying at a National Trust Property
The hotel is set amid spectacular grounds and scenery and close to the lovely village of West Gilling.
The staff were excellent and very friendly and rooms were comfortable enough but a little bit tired. Special mention should be made to Sante the breakfast waiter who could not have been more helpful and to Ella the receptionist who even when I arrived too late for dinner was able to suggest The White Swan in West Gilling where I was able to enjoy an excellent meal amid good company in a very friendly environment .
Lovely Hotel in a Delightful Location
The Hotel was lovely also were the grounds and location, with many places of interest to visit. We would recommend this Hotel. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.