- 19 guest reviews
"Clean and pleasant stay. Friendly welcome. Liked the owner a lot, seemed friendly and efficient. Real fires and nice decor in pub. Pleasant..."
"Great hotel and great food..."
"This is a lovely location, very clean room not huge but fine for us, bright and clean bathroom, we also loved been able to open the windows..."
"Olde worldy room, very nice food and staff are great...."
About the hotel
Of all the places to stay in Chester, this historic lodge has some of the best tales to tell. Built in Christleton on a key civil war battle site, the Cheshire Cat played a crucial role in World War II before being restored as a warm and welcoming hotel in the 1970s. The lodge’s 14 comfy en-suite rooms are complemented by a cosy pub, which is dripping with rustic character and rural charm.
Here you can enjoy seasonally inspired country dining together with a range of cask ales and well-chosen wines. There are plenty of things to see and do in Chester. Fantastic shopping, black and white medieval architecture, historic city walls and the famous Chester Racecourse are just a few of its many attractions. Children and adults alike will love Chester zoo or you can explore the weaving footpaths of the unspoilt Delamere Forest. West Cheshire is full of rolling hills, sweeping valleys and quaint market towns worth exploring.
Showing Tuesday 13 October 2015 to Wednesday 14 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 - Check in times are restricted to between Noon and 5pm on Christmas Day. In addition the pub may be closed from mid afternoon on the 25th. Please refer to the individual pub/lodge for exact timings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
100% would recommend it to a friend
Clean and pleasant stay.
Friendly welcome. Liked the owner a lot, seemed friendly and efficient. Real fires and nice decor in pub. Pleasant gardens and ample car parking. Gold star to the owner, nicely thought out. I'm not one at all for staying at pubs generally - we stayed in a room above the pub and no problems. Would return.
Continental breakfast rated 3 because the pastries seemed a little stale and straight from fridge. No microwave oven to warm them up a bit. Evening meal food was good. Fabulous location next to the canal. Lovely leg stretch to walk off dinner. Not far from the park & ride in to Chester. Perplexed by the fact there are 13 light bulbs in in the bedroom. Disappointed only 12 worked!!
Great hotel and great food